GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 16:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

570 Disappointed

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
WE: Other (Aerospace and Defense)
570 Disappointed  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 15:03
I am pretty frustrated right now. I was not expecting an elite GMAT score, I had been scoring in the 600-620 range on my practice tests. I took the test the first time about a month ago and scored a 520, chalked it up to nervousness or whatever. I took the test again today and scored a 570 Q35 V35. Obviously, the quant section really hurt me. I am applying to a few schools that I would consider to be top 50, Wisconsin being my top choice, and few lower level schools such as Colorado Leeds. I feel like I have a strong application aside from my GMAT, 7 years as an Air Traffic Controller in the military made rank quickly and supervised operations, 3 years in the UK, and strong references. How much is my score, more specifically, my Quant score going to hurt me? I think I will take a step back in my studying and eventually retake before applying to the top 50 schools but what are my chances with the lower level schools with this score.

Thanks,

MALLEKB

Posted from my mobile device
RC Moderator
D
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 570 Disappointed  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 18:17
MALLEKB wrote:
I am pretty frustrated right now. I was not expecting an elite GMAT score, I had been scoring in the 600-620 range on my practice tests. I took the test the first time about a month ago and scored a 520, chalked it up to nervousness or whatever. I took the test again today and scored a 570 Q35 V35. Obviously, the quant section really hurt me. I am applying to a few schools that I would consider to be top 50, Wisconsin being my top choice, and few lower level schools such as Colorado Leeds. I feel like I have a strong application aside from my GMAT, 7 years as an Air Traffic Controller in the military made rank quickly and supervised operations, 3 years in the UK, and strong references. How much is my score, more specifically, my Quant score going to hurt me? I think I will take a step back in my studying and eventually retake before applying to the top 50 schools but what are my chances with the lower level schools with this score.

Thanks,

MALLEKB

Posted from my mobile device

Hello MALLEKB, Congratulations on the V-score. V35 is a very good score.

For Q .... I would suggest you to go through the link below by bb:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 42810.html

Quant Megathread :https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gmat-quantitative-megathread-244512.html

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: 570 Disappointed  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2018, 15:01
I'm sorry to hear about the score - nerves can defiantly kick in when it's the real thing vs. a practice test. I would continue to study & do your best to at least get a 600 (which will mean wanting to ideally try to hit 640+ on practice tests, to allow for that "nerve factor" when you're taking the real test). That said, the fact that you're a military applicant is awesome & will do a lot to compensate for the GMAT if, worst case, you're not able to improve your score. The adcom loves military applicants. You'll also just want to be sure every other part of your application is rock solid: super strong clear post-MBA goals (since your argument for why you need the MBA hinges on those), great LORs (they can vouch for your quant skills & overall business aptitude), and a resume/essays that really highlight your business impact as much as possible. Good luck to you & hang in there!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

570 Disappointed

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap