It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

580 and now what!?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 0

580 and now what!? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2009, 15:17
Hi everybody,

I really need support from you and tell me anything that can help.

Well, I have been studying for intense 6 months I am not that kinf of a guy that just in 4 weeks with 2 hrs per day can get a score fo 760 definetly not that type of guy, I have been studying a lot and I even enrolled in one online course from Manhattangmat, the course was ok not that impresive and you don-t really have so much interaction, so if you have a weakness in something well that weakness won-t be answer because of the format course.

I like the material it was very good, and I made all the 6 test that are available at it's web page, I just needed a score over 600 not more, so I started with a score of 520 ate the Manhattan GMAT CAT tests and ending with a 660 so I thought well getting a score over 600 in the official test will not be hard, so yesterday I went to the test center and the first part in math was sooo tough, it was way tougher than any practice test that I ever made before and sometimes even more difficult than the software prep test that you download from the official mba web site, I felt lost.

During the verbal part I felt more confident and I thought that I was doing much better however guess what? when I got my results I got 63% in Math and 56% in Verbal having a poor score of 580 very dissapointing for all the effort that I have put on this exam, now I feel very discouraged and of course I would like to make the exam again but I need some hints to know how to really prepare myself for a much better score and also I am dreaming to aim over the 700's

Any advices? I would really aprecciate your comments!

I can say that for me the official GMAT was way harder

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

580 and now what!? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2009, 15:23
Hi everybody,

I really need support from you and tell me anything that can help.

Well, I have been studying for intense 6 months I am not that kinf of a guy that just in 4 weeks with 2 hrs per day can get a score fo 760 definetly not that type of guy, I have been studying a lot and I even enrolled in one online course from Manhattangmat, the course was ok not that impresive and you don-t really have so much interaction, so if you have a weakness in something well that weakness won-t be answer because of the format course.

I like the material it was very good, and I made all the 6 test that are available at it's web page, I just needed a score over 600 not more, so I started with a score of 520 ate the Manhattan GMAT CAT tests and ending with a 660 so I thought well getting a score over 600 in the official test will not be hard, so yesterday I went to the test center and the first part in math was sooo tough, it was way tougher than any practice test that I ever made before and sometimes even more difficult than the software prep test that you download from the official mba web site, I felt lost.

During the verbal part I felt more confident and I thought that I was doing much better however guess what? when I got my results I got 63% in Math and 56% in Verbal having a poor score of 580 very dissapointing for all the effort that I have put on this exam, now I feel very discouraged and of course I would like to make the exam again but I need some hints to know how to really prepare myself for a much better score and also I am dreaming to aim over the 700's

Any advices? I would really aprecciate your comments!

I can say that for me the official GMAT was way harder

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: 580 and now what!? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2009, 13:47
Did you panic? Practice tests don't really factor in the real stress you feel....next time you will be more comfortable..

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2009, 14:19
panic, stress, lack of sleep etc all adds to it and maybe you also lost track of time and ur pacing which added to the problem?

have you tried using Knewton ? sign up for a free trial and see what u think knewton.com
their site unlike others is essentially about studying smarter and its completely adaptive so you wont waste time studying things u already know 100% and it builds and profiles things just for your needs. Once you do their GMAT test it analyses ur issues and builds study plan and every thing you do it continually adapts and changes your content to focus on ur weaknesses. It doesnt just detect eg you need help with Geometery but also notices that you need help with 3,5 sided objects or that ur good in radius calculations but not diameter etc. very adaptive and u have lots of concept videos to check and LIVE classes u could attend and ask all u want. try it and post back what u think.

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2009, 12:02
mousymouse wrote:
panic, stress, lack of sleep etc all adds to it and maybe you also lost track of time and ur pacing which added to the problem?

have you tried using Knewton ? sign up for a free trial and see what u think knewton.com
their site unlike others is essentially about studying smarter and its completely adaptive so you wont waste time studying things u already know 100% and it builds and profiles things just for your needs. Once you do their GMAT test it analyses ur issues and builds study plan and every thing you do it continually adapts and changes your content to focus on ur weaknesses. It doesnt just detect eg you need help with Geometery but also notices that you need help with 3,5 sided objects or that ur good in radius calculations but not diameter etc. very adaptive and u have lots of concept videos to check and LIVE classes u could attend and ask all u want. try it and post back what u think.

Is Knewton a new test prep provider?

Re: 580 and now what!?   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2009, 12:02

580 and now what!?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap