Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Send PM
GMATrep and OG only [#permalink]
The only realistic practice tests are Official guide for GMAT 10th and 11th edition and also GMATPrep.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
The official prep tests are the best.

Then I say use the old paper tests. You can find out where to get them by searching around on here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
asdert wrote:

Hey ASDERT - does this test papers are along with answer explanation?

a friend of mine from GmatCLub has sent me paper tests, are those papers are same as what in above url? any idea whether these papers are new totally?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3421 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Please find below CATs, which i feel are quite close replica of the real test, in decreasing order of their proximity to real GMAT CAT-

Real GMAT CAT >= GMAT Prep>POWER PREP>Paper Tests>SETs = MGMAT>..................>Princeton>KAPLAN

I focus lesser on CAT scores from red font CATs, just use them to practice!

I hope this will help!

All the best!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
not advocating theft but like everything else on the internet the paper tests are widely available.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: 580(Q50 V20).. Which practice tests are best for me?? [#permalink]
gmat0007 wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Can you people please guide on which practice tests should i take.
To be precise should i buy
1. Manhattan online tests
2. Princeton review
3. Kaplan
4. 800Score.com

I am confused and unable to judge which test will be close to Real GMAT and best for me to improve my Verbal score ..

Regards,
Gmat0007

Stick to the official, PowerPrep and Gmatprep. I think the others are good only to learn time management.

For your balance I'd suggest to "forget" the Q and study hard for the V part, go for LSAT material and the official Verbal Workout.

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would recommend Kaplan. Ok, before all of you beat me down for recommending 'Krap'-lan, hear me out! Yes, the tests are brutal. Unrealistically brutal. Yes, the tests will probably knock your confidence even lower than you thought it could go. But, they are still great practice. Given that, they are not for the fainthearted. If you can handle the stress of continuously scoring between 550 - 650 on the tests, take 'em. On the other hand, if your confidence is already at a low, I would recommend not taking them now. But I would still recommend taking them after some preparation. Btw, I scored below 600 twice on Kaplan CATs and ended up with a 700+ on the actual GMAT. So don't stress too much about the actual scores :) Just use them to practice. On a final note, always do the AWA sections on the practice tests. I cannot stress this any more. That extra one hour makes a huge difference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you all for your advice and encouragement ...

@ Everyone: I have taken Mgmat online test yesterday and scored a 670 (Q 49 V33)..
How close will you see the verbal score to actual Gmat .. should i buy online mgmat online tests .. are they competent in terms of Verbal??

Waiting for your Inputs

Thanks for all help
Gmat0007
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1748 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
singh_amit19 wrote:
Please find below CATs, which i feel are quite close replica of the real test, in decreasing order of their proximity to real GMAT CAT-

Real GMAT CAT >= GMAT Prep>POWER PREP>Paper Tests>SETs = MGMAT>..................>Princeton>KAPLAN

I hope this will help!

All the best!

i also agree with this! except powerprep and paper sets have a ton of repetition from OG questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot beckee529 and singh_amit19

That will surely help me a lot...

Thanks again guys ...

The Game is ON
Gmat0007
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat0007 wrote:
Thanks a lot beckee529 and singh_amit19

That will surely help me a lot...

Thanks again guys ...

The Game is ON
Gmat0007

May I know what is SETS?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
singh_amit19 wrote:

I hope this will help!

All the best!

How about those 1000 series questions? How do they fit in the picture?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mgmat [#permalink]
I think MGMAT are not scored properly.
My scores

gmatprep

real exam 540
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Re: mgmat [#permalink]
kid20000 wrote:
My scores

gmatprep

real exam 540

They are scored properly, for what they are. But there's just no substitute for the official GMAT Prep tests to show you where you really are, score-wise. MGMAT tests are incredibly useful for learning concepts, so I believe they are worth taking and worth going through all of the explanations. Very helpful. The real GMAT is a different animal. I took my test this past October, and while I did have a couple of sets/combination/permutation problems and a few others that required brute force to solve, the overwhelming majority of the problems on my exam were absolute value/number properties types, with a few classic GMAT "trick" problems thrown in for fun, the kind that don't feed off of math knowledge as much as logical reasoning.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
uphillclimb wrote:
kid20000 wrote:
My scores

gmatprep

real exam 540

They are scored properly, for what they are. But there's just no substitute for the official GMAT Prep tests to show you where you really are, score-wise. MGMAT tests are incredibly useful for learning concepts, so I believe they are worth taking and worth going through all of the explanations. Very helpful. The real GMAT is a different animal. I took my test this past October, and while I did have a couple of sets/combination/permutation problems and a few others that required brute force to solve, the overwhelming majority of the problems on my exam were absolute value/number properties types, with a few classic GMAT "trick" problems thrown in for fun, the kind that don't feed off of math knowledge as much as logical reasoning.

well i agree but the point I am trying to make is this:
on MGMAT u get a easy question wrong. It will give you a 700-800 level question which pumps your score. On the real exam, I never reach the venn diagrams, mixture rate problems i know i can easily solve. I am a computer science/ economics major and a cfa level 3 candidate. So I need to find a strategy so I reach those level of problems
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
kid20000 wrote:
uphillclimb wrote:
kid20000 wrote:

real exam 540

well i agree but the point I am trying to make is this:
on MGMAT u get a easy question wrong. It will give you a 700-800 level question which pumps your score. On the real exam, I never reach the venn diagrams, mixture rate problems i know i can easily solve. I am a computer science/ economics major and a cfa level 3 candidate. So I need to find a strategy so I reach those level of problems

OK. So then my best advice would be to keep taking the official GMAT Prep tests, and reloading the software. On your second and third retakes, you will start to see repeat questions, you will answer those properly, and that will jack you up to another level so that you get the more difficult questions from the bin.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts