GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

600+ from 560 in 15-20 days?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 560 Q39 V28
600+ from 560 in 15-20 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 07:10
Hey,

I finally made a step and registered to the forum. I took the test yesterday and thought that I will raise some questions regarding my practises. Originally I meant to ask two things in my first post, but than I thought that I will dissect these issues and here just only ask about advices on this following short period.

Okey. So briefly summing up:

I decided to take the test 6 month ago, but I could not really pay attention to the practice in the first three months. Then I decided that I quit my job and started focusing on the preparation solely. I registered to Magoosh, bought the manhattan book series and OG2019 too. In the first two month I was following the three month plan of magoosh, and finished with the lessons. I have never been really strong in math, and actually I did Art as a Bachelor. There were some things from the math lessons I could recall but mainly they were new to me. I tried to follow the Magoosh plan as strict possible spending 6-9 hours a day with studying.

6 month ago when I did not know anything about the test I did a 440 on mba first mock test. Than during the 3 month I did other mba mock tests and manhattan's too. They fell between the 450-550 range. I had a really disappointing test (480) 1 week before the real test. I hired a private teacher too for the last month (march-april) and I did a lots of problems every day. I heard that missing an easy at the test can lead to a sub600 score right away so I decided to focus on the easy problems and in the last few days I pushed mediums too.

When I went for the test I felt that I more or less did all I could in the last three month and I focused to give my best. I ended up with a score of 560 (Q39, V28) which I thought that it is not so disappointing although my highest expectation were 600+ as I am aiming for MIM-s in Europe in the top 30 range. I have good reco letters and experience in various managerial tasks (iam 27 right now). Even though I wanted to apply in April I am thinking of redoing the test and work more on my essays. May is the last deadline so I want to redo the text in 16-20 days.

I thought of the following daily preparation in this 2,5 weeks:

Re-do 15-15 Easy PS/DS daily (Magoosh/404 mba questions/OG)
Do 15-15 Medium too
Do 5-10 Hard (to be able to differentiate)
Do 4-6 RC (Magoosh/OG/404)
Manhatten SC book (heavy load every day)

What do you guys think? Could you please give your opinion on a good alternative for a 50+ increase in 2,5 weeks time?

All the best,
Áron.
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: 600+ from 560 in 15-20 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 09:23
jozsaron wrote:
Hey,

I finally made a step and registered to the forum. I took the test yesterday and thought that I will raise some questions regarding my practises. Originally I meant to ask two things in my first post, but than I thought that I will dissect these issues and here just only ask about advices on this following short period.

Okey. So briefly summing up:

I decided to take the test 6 month ago, but I could not really pay attention to the practice in the first three months. Then I decided that I quit my job and started focusing on the preparation solely. I registered to Magoosh, bought the manhattan book series and OG2019 too. In the first two month I was following the three month plan of magoosh, and finished with the lessons. I have never been really strong in math, and actually I did Art as a Bachelor. There were some things from the math lessons I could recall but mainly they were new to me. I tried to follow the Magoosh plan as strict possible spending 6-9 hours a day with studying.

6 month ago when I did not know anything about the test I did a 440 on mba first mock test. Than during the 3 month I did other mba mock tests and manhattan's too. They fell between the 450-550 range. I had a really disappointing test (480) 1 week before the real test. I hired a private teacher too for the last month (march-april) and I did a lots of problems every day. I heard that missing an easy at the test can lead to a sub600 score right away so I decided to focus on the easy problems and in the last few days I pushed mediums too.

When I went for the test I felt that I more or less did all I could in the last three month and I focused to give my best. I ended up with a score of 560 (Q39, V28) which I thought that it is not so disappointing although my highest expectation were 600+ as I am aiming for MIM-s in Europe in the top 30 range. I have good reco letters and experience in various managerial tasks (iam 27 right now). Even though I wanted to apply in April I am thinking of redoing the test and work more on my essays. May is the last deadline so I want to redo the text in 16-20 days.

I thought of the following daily preparation in this 2,5 weeks:

Re-do 15-15 Easy PS/DS daily (Magoosh/404 mba questions/OG)
Do 15-15 Medium too
Do 5-10 Hard (to be able to differentiate)
Do 4-6 RC (Magoosh/OG/404)
Manhatten SC book (heavy load every day)

What do you guys think? Could you please give your opinion on a good alternative for a 50+ increase in 2,5 weeks time?

All the best,
Áron.

You have good scope to improve your in Quant. First review your basics and concepts, then practise topic wise GMATClub questions, later you can with TTP, it would help you alot improve quant score. All the best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 560 Q39 V28

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 09:51
Thanks for the advice this TTP seems nice! Probably a review could help also as I have not spend much time with reviewing while put a lots of effort in the initial learning.

Áron.
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 10:42
jozsaron wrote:
Thanks for the advice this TTP seems nice! Probably a review could help also as I have not spend much time with reviewing while put a lots of effort in the initial learning.

Áron.

Hi there!

TTP is a very intensive quant course and I would recommend you to try their free 5 day trial before investing in the full course.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 08:36
Hi jozsaron,

As has already been mentioned, TTP could be a great resource for you to help you improve your quant score. That said, 2.5 weeks is not a ton of time to prep, so if you need some advice on how to use the course, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 600+ from 560 in 15-20 days?   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2019, 08:36

600+ from 560 in 15-20 days?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap