It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 03:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

600 Q38 V35 (2 weeks of prep)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

600 Q38 V35 (2 weeks of prep) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2009, 04:47
I hope everyone reading this post are not at the same time practising SC because I wont be proof-reading this. :lol:

Not a fantastic score I know, but I dont expect much with only two weeks of prep and doing internship concurrently. You may now be asking why did I take the exam without much prep. Well, I got a short notice from my business school and that I have to get an acceptable GMAT score. With that, I rushed to buy OG12 (and I did not finish it at the time of GMAT) and began my GMAT trip. So I started doing OG, posting questions on GMAT Club and cruising through GMATPrep 5 times and MGMAT once. The breakdown is as follows:

GMATPrep 1 - 540 Q43 V21 (after 1 week prep)
GMATPrep 1 retake - 610 Q43 V31
GMATPrep 1 retake 2 - 690 Q47 V38
MGMAT - 630 Q42 V34 (2 days before GMAT)
GMATPrep 2 - 610 Q45 V29 (1 day before GMAT)
GMATPrep 2 retake - 620 Q45 V31

As my GMAT test was scheduled at 1pm, prior to that I was surfing facebook, checking out the news for some AWA ideas and waiting for time to pass. I had an early lunch and headed to the battlefield. I wasnt as lucky as bb because there's no babes at the centre, so I kinda got depressed even before taking GMAT :cry: . As the usual routine, I verified my identity and sat at my computer. The essays went ok, though I think I could have done better for the issues analysis. After which I took a break and some snacks (as suggested by fellow GMAT takers) and went back for my quant. After a grueling 75 mins I went for a break again, feeling rather confident about the quant (but not reflective in the actual, read on to find out). Then I went back again for the verbal. I began to lose concentration at the mid part of verbal and I had to read the paragraphs many times to comprehend the whole thing (or was it getting more difficult?). At the last verbal question, I could feel an upsurge of relief but still, I had to choose my answer carefully. At last, I clicked on the legendary "next" button to proceed to the last phase of GMAT and my score appears:

Unofficial GMAT Score Report - 600 Q38 V35

I'm very disappointed with my quant score. As you can see from the practice tests, my quant scores has been well around the 43-45 range but in the actual test I only scored 38!? :evil: It's just the expectation I have for myself, at least in quant. If not for the improvement in verbal, my GMAT score could have been below 600. But nonetheless, the score is sufficient for me to get into the programme I want, so I wont be touching GMAT again (for the time being :lol: ). This is only the beginning and I'll have to work doubly hard from now on.

I'm not in the best position to give tips :lol: but well, I still have to say that GMATPrep is really a good and free tool so use them wisely. For me, I evaluated myself using GMATPrep 1 after a week of preparation. After that I took 2 more retakes. My strategy is to save GMATPrep 2 till nearer to actual test date so I can assess myself.

Last but not least, I would like to thank bb and nookway for your prompt replies to my posts. Your advices have added to my learning in this GMAT journey. I'll also submit my scores to the GMAT Score Predictor to add on to the database. :-D

Best wishes for those preparing for GMAT! You hard work will pay off :-D

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: 600 Q38 V35 (2 weeks of prep) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2009, 07:00
well done bro,
thats a really good score considering the prep time u devoted .
nice post.best of luck for ur future applications

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29105 [0], given: 5265

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2009, 21:41
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Remember that the average score is only 550, so you are above average. Of course 600 is not getting you into top 20, so you will have to work. At the same time - what did you expect with 2 weeks? :wink:

Thank you also for submitting your scores to the GMAT Score Estimator/Calculator tool we have.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you mount your second attack - hopefully with more than 2 weeks of time.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29105 [0], given: 5265

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: CBS, Wharton, LBS, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2009, 21:55
if you have scored 600 with little prep, you can easily score 720 and above with proper prep. Don't worry.

AD

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: 600 Q38 V35 (2 weeks of prep)   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2009, 21:55

600 Q38 V35 (2 weeks of prep)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap