It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 00:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge
640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 07:50
I was under a pretty severe time crunch and needed to pick up my quant score. My score at the time (45) wasn’t bad, but I wanted to get to 50 and needed to move on from the GMAT to work on applications. I was growing frustrated with other resources, largely because I was answering problems out of a book rather than on a screen. Nothing I found seemed geared toward the kind of tailored help I needed. I began looking around for a tutor, which is how I got in touch with Jeff Miller from TTP.

Over the following weeks I went through the sections on the TTP site and did some private tutoring with Jeff. Both were invaluable to me. First of all, the chapter quizzes on the website, and the ability to make custom quizzes, enabled me to simulate the CAT experience and focus on areas in which I needed to improve. I could create custom quizzes comprised of only hard questions in the areas in which I needed to improve, and then review the solutions to those problems u ntil I fully understood the concepts. Until signing up for this course, I simply hadn’t found anything with that level of depth. The ability to highlight sections in the course chapters and bookmark certain problems in the quizzes to review later was especially helpful.

The one-on-one tutoring with Jeff was incredible. He taught me plenty of tricks for complex problems in addition to general strategies which I was able to use on test day. Some of the wisdom he imparted was stuff I hadn’t heard anywhere, even after going through all the Manhattan Prep books and speaking with lots of other people studying for the test. Let me tell you, when a problem came up that I was able to answer in 10 seconds which would have taken 2 or 3 minutes otherwise, I was grateful I had invested in the tutoring. Jeff, in addition, has a response time which rarely exceeds 10 seconds. Not an exaggeration. He would literally text me at like 8PM on a Friday night to ask how my practice test we nt. Beyond improving my knowledge base and GMAT skillset, it was awesome just to be supported like that. Overall, I can’t recommend these guys enough. The tutoring and chapter quizzes were a huge reason I brought my score up as high as I did. Ended up with a 760, 50Q.

Thanks guys!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Re: 640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 08:19
:-) Congratulations on that great score! What materials did you use during the initial phase of your prep? And what were your scores in the Mock tests?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 369

GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: 640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 08:31
Hi mileshrp
Congrats on your wonderful score.
Can u please share your strategy and the resources used for your preparation.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 369

Re: 640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2017, 08:31

640 (40Q) to 760 (50Q) in 7 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap