Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4074 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Name: Ronak Amin
Schools: IIM Lucknow (IPMX) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 650 (Q : 47 , V:33) .. [#permalink]
Economist wrote:
bump! did you do gmat club tests?
Also, I guess you have taken so many gmatprep repeats, if i am not wrong...so ur practice scores can be inflated too..if it is the case then you definitely have scope of improvement and if you practice a bit harder with variety of problems then you can breach the 700 mark...

though i would be interested in your prep material....so that we can discuss what went wrong and others can avoid doing that..arriving at the conclusion that gmat pattern has changed or the test is harder would be premature :)

I acccept my scores are inflated in GMAT Prep...but being an IT engineer/India my Quantative skills are good.Also I have scored 49 in 1st attempt so I was sure that I will again reach at 49...actually I messed up with 2-3 question at the begging of test...n I wasted a lot of time there....

Actually I am saying that Paper pattern( more precisely weightage) has changed.I have posted the same debrief in other forum also and after reading that someone told me that the changes I have mentioned are there in OG 12.

I went threw the Analysis of OG12 in Manhattan n there it was mentioned that new OG 12 has more problem in DS and less in PS....Manhattan guys also said that there may be some more question on DS in actual exam...but they are not sure now... I also felt the same ...as compared to my previous attempt there were more DS questuion than PS(3-4 more I think)..n I genreally take more time in DS than PS.

In CR also the type of questions has changed ..I came mainly with discerpancy n "Which will be best ot Know in order to evlauate the arguement" ...n it is also in accordance with new OG12...they have added such question now in new book....

So I am not sure abot difficulty(In Qunata..it has increased) but pattern n type of question has changed little bit I can say...may be I m wrong....

The books I have used are : OG11,OG10
Manhattan SC(OLD ONE)..I was very weak in SC-infact I don't knw what is phrase n what is clause...so I spent most of time in improving SC- forums..n other website..mainly...I think SC I have improved quite a lot...
CR Bible
Nothing for RC...I am good at RC(not excellent)..genreally out of 13-15 question I make 3 mistake...so I don't know where to improve..as my reading speed is good...

I also didn't worked much on Maths except for OG,test n solving forum question..but last time also I also didn't prepared much for maths...

Should solving OG12 ...n OG Verbal n quant supplement make some difference???

Originally posted by age on 21 Sep 2009, 02:13.
Last edited by age on 21 Sep 2009, 08:09, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
wow, very interesting, so your score actually went down after the first attempt.

I think the retake question should be
- do you feel that you missed anything in your prep and can correct it?...yup I have not prepared for Quanta..but in my previous attmept also I didn't....but I think I won't be able to reach too far in Verbal...already I have put lot of effort there...n don't know where to head know...-
-do you have time?...well I am thinking to aplly in second round..n if a 700 score can take me to LBS/INSEAD :) then I am reaady to wait even for a year....
- do you have $700 for a class? (would not recommend self-study at this stage any more....very frankly no..I am Indian an 700$ is huge amount of money for me :lol: ....n more than that I live in Mumbai,India n there are not very good classes avilable here..
- How critical is it to have 700 or 720?....well this question I was thinking to pose before u...I have very good acads(degree read "Ist Class with distinction") for European business school its sufficient...I don't knw how to convert it into GPA...plz tell if u knw :idea: ...n very less extra curricular..but I also fall in most difficult pool Indian/IT/3+year..exp....so what matter more ..I mean I if learn other language..join an NGO or score higher...

DO adcom take it negatively if I join NGO....just before the programme...
Planning to do an MBA from Asia/Europe(UK)..In Europe admission happens little late compare to US ...so I think, I have some time

Also how adcom think about 3 attempt..I mean they take it positively or negatively(if ur not able to score higher even in third attempt)

should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Originally posted by age on 21 Sep 2009, 02:55.
Last edited by age on 21 Sep 2009, 08:14, edited 4 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Age,

I am an expert by no means. But if crossing 700 is your goal, looking at your post, all you need is a few points bump up in V.
Yes, its easier said than done but surely possible.

If i am not wrong, the new verbal supplement is out or will be out soon. Maybe you should grab it.
For CR, try going through the CR Power score Bible. It has neat tricks for all kind of questions.
For SC, i would highly recommend the Gmat Prep SC compilation floating around in the forum.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
snipertrader wrote:
Age,

I am an expert by no means. But if crossing 700 is your goal, looking at your post, all you need is a few points bump up in V.
Yes, its easier said than done but surely possible.

If i am not wrong, the new verbal supplement is out or will be out soon. Maybe you should grab it.
For CR, try going through the CR Power score Bible. It has neat tricks for all kind of questions.
For SC, i would highly recommend the Gmat Prep SC compilation floating around in the forum.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Thanks...sniper trader....but I have already done with CR Power Score Bible & GMAT Prep S compilation.....but surely I haven't touched Verbal Supplement and OG12...so may be I look in to them...but still I m unsure about my third attempt...I think taking the help of consultants would be good idea...I think they will be able to guide me how far I can go with 660.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
sorry..hope you do well next time..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
that sucks that they are making the test harder and harder...specially if someone scored 750 4 years ago and you scored 700 now and are competing for the same school...
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts