Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: 670 to 760 in one month debrief [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Wow! Congratulations - that's amazing job cramming and getting it done.
What materials did you use during your final week?

P.S. Also, do you mind sharing, what score did you start with at the beginning?

My first practice test was 690! I took it untimed though which is why I didn't improve much from there.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AG107 wrote:
Hi! I took my first try yesterday and scored a 660. My main areas of weakness are time management in verbal and some targeted topics in quant.
I want to understand what should be my way forward and if there are any particular resources or courses which I can use to achieve a 730+ score in a month or so.

Posted from my mobile device

A 660 is a great start!!! Time management comes with practice. If you have less than a month I'd recommend doing self-study and getting the manhattan books for verbal, for targeted topics in quant just use youtube. Spend two-three days just to get through those then go back to OG questions. As your doing OG verbal questions try to identify all the mistakes in each possible answer, you'll get a lot more out of each question that way. The hardest mistakes to catch will be the ones you see on the real GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Wow! Congratulations [- that's amazing job cramming and getting it done.

It's only cramming if you believe it is! Studying doesn't have to be stressful if you keep a positive attitude. My final week I used a ~5 question OQ quant set every day to keep fresh on the quant. For the verbal I focused on doing every single easy through hard question I could and identifying all of the mistakes in the answer choices. I would do them in sets of three (unless if it was RC) then check my answers and I would get through like 20 a day. I honestly would fall asleep to GMAT ninja's SC series for gmatclub.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry, I did not mean cramming as a negative or to downplay your success. First of all, if you can cram to 760, as opposed to methodically studying, my hats off to you though seems that’s not the case here.

In my experience doing more intensive prep is always better (but it is very hard to pull off studying more than 3 hrs/day). Great job not doing hundreds of questions in a day. You said sets of 3. Why 3? Also, 20 sets or 20 questions? Same topic? I am very interested in your method!

PS. I take your “falling asleep to GMAT Ninja” nothing but a compliment 😂

California22 wrote:
bb wrote:

It's only cramming if you believe it is! Studying doesn't have to be stressful if you keep a positive attitude. My final week I used a ~5 question OQ quant set every day to keep fresh on the quant. For the verbal I focused on doing every single easy through hard question I could and identifying all of the mistakes in the answer choices. I would do them in sets of three (unless if it was RC) then check my answers and I would get through like 20 a day. I honestly would fall asleep to GMAT ninja's SC series for gmatclub.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Sorry, I did not mean cramming as a negative or to downplay your success. First of all, if you can cram to 760, as opposed to methodically studying, my hats off to you though seems that’s not the case here.

In my experience doing more intensive prep is always better (but it is very hard to pull off studying more than 3 hrs/day). Great job not doing hundreds of questions in a day. You said sets of 3. Why 3? Also, 20 sets or 20 questions? Same topic? I am very interested in your method!

PS. I take your “falling asleep to GMAT Ninja” nothing but a compliment 😂

California22 wrote:
bb wrote:

I did sets of 3 because I can't keep focused for longer than that! Also the questions would be fresher in my head and I could remember my reasoning for choosing an answer when I was looking at the explanations on gmatclub. If I got my reasoning right for 3/5 answers but got the overall question wrong I'd consider it a win and just make a note on the specific thing I got wrong (SVA, prepositions, etc.) then double down on questions with that thing I got wrong for my next sets of 3. 3 questions/set just worked for me, if someone can keep motivated doing longer sets then power to them!

I meant 20 questions a day! I could not convince myself to do 60 questions a day if it wasn't a practice test. Make GMAT fun for yourself and not a chore! There's a lot to learn in one verbal question that you can apply to other questions.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts