Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi bhai, srijay..thanks..
I thought verbal was comparable to OG. I would strongly recommend doing some LSAT tests for CR and RC. The level of difficulty in quant is somewhere in between tough OG problems and tough kaplan problems. I think OG is the best source. good luck to both of you...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
nice score Balak!

I have just one quick question about the LSAT material. I have tons of LSAT prep books and etc. I have been studying the 10 Actual LSAT tests and was just wondering how close to these questions measure to the GMAT RC and CR questions compared to LSAT. Also, what percentage correct did you get out of "say" 25 questions on the LSAT questions for each section (CR and RC)?

Thanks,

Dustin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dustin,
I liked LSAT material because I felt that no other good prep books/CDs followed the same logic in CR questions like OG does. Only LSAT came close to that logic. Also the RC passages are pretty long in LSAT and forced me to concentrate on what I need to absorb. I didn't do particulary well on those tests but the one thing I picked up was that I was able to cross off atleast 3 and some times 4 choices (mostly out of scope). I agree that some questions types are different from OG/GMAT style.. good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
47 in Qunat is definately high and I highly doubt that Berkley part-time would expect more than that.

Thanks for sharing your test experience and good luck with the next step.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the help :)

Dustin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, interesting. I have the same score and also am thinking to apply for Bekerley part time....
I studied long time ago when I was in the bench earlier this year (I m in consulting). I was ready to take it in March but was called to an urgency assignment on my test day. slept on that for 6 months. Finally, i just took it last week!

Anyway, I studied intensively with Princeton Review in Feb. (Highly recommended princeton! ) I m kinda slow in math and I really used its techniques such as backsolving, ballparking for a few questions. In verbal, i m always ok in reading and reasoning but slow on sentence corrections. I looked for common traps that Princeton mentioned in the test and I think i did ok.

In march, I scored around 650 in Princeton tests.
I also did one or 2 kaplan and got a low-600. ( 610?, i forgot)
I did some 800score and scored around 670 or so.

Then, i was swamped with projects. I didnt study at all for the next 6 months until 3 days b4 the test. I went thought the OG's SC and the math concepts in the final 2 days. Did one PP test the night b4 the test day and scored 690.

The test day I got lost to find the test center. finally 5 mins b4 the time I got there.

680 (47q, v37). and I dont know what the heck i was talking about in AWA.

I didnt have hi-expectation during the whole process - from preparing to taking the test. I m gonna apply for part time programs and normally they are 10-20 pts below their full time counter-parts.
I guess 680 should be just enough ( not sure about Bekerley)
I m worried more about the housing in Bekerley - too expensive than the gmat score and I may not apply for it after all. Hate to move my whole family there...
Most likely I will stay in Texas for UT or Rice..

I guess 680 is not a really an exciting score but should be able to getby into UT-austin.. will see.

Thz for everyone's input in this forum here.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very good score - well balanced. Congrats!.

:beer
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
my other 2 cents:
If the school's median or avg is only 10+ higher than your score, I think it is better to spend time to prepare your application material such as essay, resume...etc than spend time to study and retake GMAT.
First, there is no guarantee u score higher. 2nd, if u r in the ball-park already, u gotta sell yourself beyond GMAT. 3rd, if bekerley's avg is 700, that means every 710, 700er the school accepts, there is a guy who is 680 got accepted at the same time.

Just my 2 cents!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey there,
Read your story and scores and alot of my score look similar

Wanted to know where to get a template for the essays.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts