Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: 690 to 720 [#permalink]
hey congrates for your good score
Good luck for app's part.
Could you please share your verbal strategy and also what was your accuracy level (sc cr and rc)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
sandeeepsharma wrote:
hey congrates for your good score
Good luck for app's part.
Could you please share your verbal strategy and also what was your accuracy level (sc cr and rc)?

The magic sauce to doing well in verbal is to only practice with OG questions. ESPECIALLY SC.. When I was practicing with SC1000 I was driving myself nuts! Half of the questions would be contested without a very good explanation. Doing the 400 question bank will help you very much. For RC.. I read one of the guides on here, and it really helped me out. One advice that really stuck out to me was that you need really need to focus on EVERY SINGLE WORD they use in the questions/answers. So if the author is presenting an idea, but the answer looks half right but says the author is discussing an idea.. it's wrongggg.. even if the idea they identify is the correct one. that shiz will kill you. Same thing goes with CR.. I think if you do enough CR you will start to see a pattern to the types of questions they try to trick you with. That's equally as important as knowing how to locate the right answer. Stick with ALL OG questions.. When I got to the real thing, I felt like I was just doing the types of questions I always practiced for.

The first time I took the test, I was using various sources.. and when I got to the real verbal, I felt the questions were different and I was illprepared. I actually used the gmatpill for SC also.. I think it helped me because it teaches you how to "cut the fluff". You need to know how to read sentence correction a specific way.. always cut out all the information that is useless and used to trick you with information overload. ALWAYS look for parallel, modifications, and subject verb agreement. I didn't study idioms other than the main ones that I learned just because they kept showing up. I was hitting around 85-90% in SC and CR by the end.

I would like to also add that I got a 1180 in my SAT's which is a really sad score. The lesson is that you can get any score you want, you just need to put in the time and carefully come up with a strategy on how to study and achieve your goal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
thanks for the reply

Quote:
Doing the 400 question bank will help you very much. For RC.. I read one of the guides on here,

could you please share link of 400 question bank and the guide for RC?

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
download/file.php?id=9403

GIN's RC was the one I used. The 400 question bank has to be purchased directly from GMAC's website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Congrats for a great score.
Can you give the breakup of type of questions like 50 SC, 40 CR etc in those set of 400 ques ?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anuragbytes wrote:
Congrats for a great score.
Can you give the breakup of type of questions like 50 SC, 40 CR etc in those set of 400 ques ?

shi* man, I have no idea. It should say in the description before you buy it. There's a good amount, and you can filter by difficulty. It's $25 and is SUPER worth it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The description at mba store only gives a high level break i.e. 200 Quantitative, 180 Verbal, and 24 Integrated Reasoning.

Thanks for replying.
What colleges ur aiming for?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm in at USC, and I'm waitlisted at Cornell.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Sylverlee,
one question i have regarding these 400 questions.Do they match with the GMAT prep software.they have 2 versions of GMAT prep software.So if i solve the old one,the one without the IR part,will the questions be repeated in those 400 questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrinal2100 wrote:
Hi Sylverlee,
one question i have regarding these 400 questions.Do they match with the GMAT prep software.they have 2 versions of GMAT prep software.So if i solve the old one,the one without the IR part,will the questions be repeated in those 400 questions.

The 400 questions are supposed to be all brand new. I noticed some overlap maybe 5-10% of the questions from older versions of OG. It's good to save your GMATPREP to gauge what your score will be.. but it's even more important to complete all the available questions in GMATPREP. There's word docs on this forum that have them all laid out.. There's an INSANE amount of questions. If you do those, your score will greatly improve.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Sylverlee,

Is there any overlap between the Default Question pack + Question Pack 1 with the 2 CATs.
I mean even if i practice Default and Question pack1 in study mode, will I see any repeats of the of those questions in GMATprep CATS?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anuragbytes wrote:
Hi Sylverlee,

Is there any overlap between the Default Question pack + Question Pack 1 with the 2 CATs.
I mean even if i practice Default and Question pack1 in study mode, will I see any repeats of the of those questions in GMATprep CATS?

I think I saw a handful of repeats, don't quote me on that though. It would be less than 10 that were repeats though. For the most part, they're brand new.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anuragbytes wrote:
I think I saw a handful of repeats, don't quote me on that though. It would be less than 10 that were repeats though. For the most part, they're brand new.

Yeah i checked up with the mba store customer care and found that there is no overlap between the question packs and the practice exams.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anuragbytes wrote:
anuragbytes wrote:

Yeah i checked up with the mba store customer care and found that there is no overlap between the question packs and the practice exams.

Yeah be warned though, I distinctly remember looking up some questions and finding them to be from OG 10 or OG 11.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Sylverlee,
One more question.I have given 1 mock test from the old GMAT prep software and i am about to give another one. I wanted know whether the new GMAT prep 2 software contains different questions from the old one .
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts