Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 23:49 It is currently 04 May 2024, 23:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
trahul4 wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:
I am not sure if you've read MGMAT's SC but I'd recommend reviewing it even if you did. There is not much you can do in 7 days. I wouldn't recommend studying 24/7 as you'll just exhaust yourself by the test day. I dont' mean to sound harsh but it will be super hard for you to score in the 40's if your verbal in practice CATs is in upper 20's - lower 30's.

My advice would be to reschedule your GMAT at this point if getting something in 600's is not your target score. I'm not sure if you can reschedule now w/o losing $250 since you have only 7 days left before your test date.

If you decide to take the test, try to work on verbal after work when you are tired to imitate your tireness level during the test.

Good luck!

I concur with nervousgmat. To go from mid twenties to 40 on verbal in a week is very difficult. The odds are heavily stacked against you. If you are really targetting 40V then you need bit more time to study.

I did the mistake of taking GMAT a bit early and was slapped with a 34 in Verbal :( ...

Well i dont want to bog you down, but i think you can give yourself some practical thought and set realistic expectations.

Thanks :-D By the way, what were your GMATPrep results and especially verbal part???
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
My verbal score was 44 both times I took GMATPrep CATs. However, I took my GMATPreps in April and May (long time ago), scoring 38 in real GMAT the first time around. My second try was in August for a 47.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
My verbal score was 44 both times I took GMATPrep CATs. However, I took my GMATPreps in April and May (long time ago), scoring 38 in real GMAT the first time around. My second try was in August for a 47.

I will try to take more CATs now and see whether I get used to them (perhaps my verbal score will shift)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3431 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vlad77 wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

I will try to take more CATs now and see whether I get used to them (perhaps my verbal score will shift)

Dude!

I got my GMAT on 2nd Sept'07.......... :shock: :shock:

I would recommend, you should focus more on critically analyzing OG and review it multiple times (critically) rather than jumping into lot of tests and study material, when you can't do much at this time!

Also, would appreciate if you share your thoughts on my thread: GMAT>> 34 days & 20 Hours to GMAT Target is 7XX

Good Luck!

Cheers!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vlad77 wrote:
trahul4 wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:
I am not sure if you've read MGMAT's SC but I'd recommend reviewing it even if you did. There is not much you can do in 7 days. I wouldn't recommend studying 24/7 as you'll just exhaust yourself by the test day. I dont' mean to sound harsh but it will be super hard for you to score in the 40's if your verbal in practice CATs is in upper 20's - lower 30's.

My advice would be to reschedule your GMAT at this point if getting something in 600's is not your target score. I'm not sure if you can reschedule now w/o losing $250 since you have only 7 days left before your test date.

If you decide to take the test, try to work on verbal after work when you are tired to imitate your tireness level during the test.

Good luck!

I concur with nervousgmat. To go from mid twenties to 40 on verbal in a week is very difficult. The odds are heavily stacked against you. If you are really targetting 40V then you need bit more time to study.

I did the mistake of taking GMAT a bit early and was slapped with a 34 in Verbal :( ...

Well i dont want to bog you down, but i think you can give yourself some practical thought and set realistic expectations.

Thanks :-D By the way, what were your GMATPrep results and especially verbal part???

I scored 33 and 38 on GMATPrep Verbal and was expecting a 40 on Verbal on the real test which was bit over expectation. I think your real score will be very close to your GMATPrep score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
singh_amit19 wrote:
Vlad77 wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

Dude!

I got my GMAT on 2nd Sept'07.......... :shock: :shock:

I would recommend, you should focus more on critically analyzing OG and review it multiple times (critically) rather than jumping into lot of tests and study material, when you can't do much at this time!

Also, would appreciate if you share your thoughts on my thread: GMAT>> 34 days & 20 Hours to GMAT Target is 7XX

Good Luck!

Cheers!!!

Thanks for the advice :-D !!! Good luck in the breaking the 700+ edge!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 7 days for study till G-day, need help!!! [#permalink]
pi10t wrote:
Vlad77 wrote:
Today scored 620 (Q48,V27) on the second GMATPrep (first was 640 (Q46,V32)). Need V40+ at G-day. Please, advise what to do in the rest 7 days of full-time study (additionally I will have 2 free days which I will devote for rest)? What materials to use (I have already done OG11, SC 1000, some CR1000 including some LSAT questions, some RC 1000 including some LSAT questions)? Need to improve RC>SC>CR. What to do??? I also feel that 30% of mistakes I made due to the fact that verbal is the last part of the test (I did also AWA) and I was a bit exausted till that time.

hey buddy!

got 7xx?

No, this is my story:

https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/1/51767
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 7 days for study till G-day, need help!!! [#permalink]