Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 185
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 747
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.11
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Given Kudos: 747
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.11
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 710 in mocks. 650 in actual gmat. Debrief+ Need suggestions. [#permalink]
Kudos
systemsav wrote:
Hey Ashutosh786,

One suggestion would be to revisit your basics with MGMAT Foundation and MGMAT Advanced Math books. The Advanced book especially is an absolute delight. Clears your basics and elevates your thinking to solve advanced questions. You can then appear for MGMAT mock tests since they test advanced level Quant. This might help with the level adjustment in your final GMAT.
It would also help if you spend some time analyzing your scores before moving onto a new attempt- be it a mock or the actual exam.

All the best!

Saurav

As recommended by Saurav, you should definitely review mocks. It really helps to analyse response to questions & figure out alternate approaches, shortcuts, etc.
However, I would advise against reviewing the official GMATPrep mocks. Once you review the official GMATPrep questions, the next time you write the mock, you will get an inflated score.
It's fine if you try this with MGMAT or some other mock test, though.
Also, I can't recommend GMATClub Tests enough. You should definitely give them a try.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
I dont think completing just concepts and medium questions is a good idea. ideally you should not skip anything and follow the study plan. also, spend more time on reviewing and focus on quality questions rather than solving a lot of questions or mocks.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Expert Reply
Your GMAT Mock 4 was 610 and Mock 5 was 690: did you do the analyses on what you did differently between these two mocks for the 80 points jump.

After the GMAT official 1, on June 30 - did you get the ESR and analyzed it, what exactly was the issue.

Further, your GMAT Mock 6 was 640, and you immediately gave the test and scored 650, which is actually 10 points more than your mock 6. But my question: what prompted you to give a test with just 19 days gap, particularly when your Mock 6 is still 640 ( which I am sure is not your target score)

The Quant Score across your Mocks was 47, except one time. Have you done any analysis of why only 47 throughout? - Q46 on the official exam indicates that your score is by and large a reflection of how you were performing on the Mocks.

More than practice on difficult questions - I feel you need the right test-taking strategy - for a Leap of another 50 - 80 points.

Focus on analysis: check what kind of mistakes you did in the mocks, what question types, and which questions, is there any specific pattern in the mistakes you are doing ? is there a particular type of questions you are going wrong? which questions you are spending time on? what is your time management strategy?

Hope this helps. If you want me to do a detailed analysis of both your exams, I will be more than happy to do so. Please email me your ESRs to Kalyan.Chamarthi@scoreleap.in

In the meantime, please access our Visually Engaging and Conceptually Rich yet FREE Sentence Correction Sessions, and Quant sessions: https://scoreleap.in/store/SentenceCorrection
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ashutosh786,

I'm pumped to see you are using TTP, but I would like to complete the course, in full, prior to taking your GMAT. If you can, there is no reason why you can't achieve an awesome GMAT quant score. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ashutosh786,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Over the last 3 months, how many hours did you typically study each week?
2) Were your 2 Official GMATs taken at a Test Center or through the At-home option?
3) What is your overall goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you took either of your GMATs at a Test Center, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts