It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 06:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 q44 v44

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

710 q44 v44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 12:08
I just got done taking the GMAT and scored a 710 44q 44v.

I haven't posted a lot but I can't thank this site enough. Just the best. My story is a bit different so maybe someone can gleam something from it.

I'm a Finance Senior at the University of Missouri and I decided about a month ago to pursue an MSc in the UK. I knew that quant would be my problem as I've traditionally been pretty good at verbal. I probably spent 90% of my time practicing quant.

I first went through the OG and then took GMATPrep1. I then bought the GMATClub tests ans slowly did 9 of them over the course of 3 weeks. I also bought the MGMAT SC guide (don't leave home without it) and slowly went over it over the course of 2 weeks. The week before the test I bought MGMAT VIC/Inequality guide. It was a little helpful, but probably not worth $40.

GMATPrep 1: 690 q43 v41
GMATPrep 2: 720 q49 v40
MGMAT1: 690
Kaplan1: 590 (utter trash)

m01 43.5%
m02 83.5%
m03 62.7%
m04 67.1%
m05 57.9%
m06 72.4%
m07 90.5%
m08 50.0%
m09 92.6%

I did all the GMATPrep and GMATClub tests in a noisy environment to train my mind to stay focused on test day. This turned out to be pointless as the earplugs they give you in the testing center make things absolutely silent.

Verbal questions seemed easier while quant was harder. I became a bit flustered during the quant section and guessed on some questions that I shouldn't have. I didn't get any combinatorics and the last ~10 questions seemed really easy, so I knew that I didn't get the score I wanted on Q. I struggled most with knowing what to do with word problems.

I'm applying the Finance MSc programs at Imperial, LSE, Warwick, and Cass. I'm also applying to the MFE program at Oxford. I have a 3.97 GPA so I'm assuming that I'm competitive at the first four. My paltry 70% on quant probably takes the MFE out of the equation. If anyone is familiar with these programs I would love to hear your thoughts on my chances. Thanks and good luck to everyone! I will be referring anyone who asks to this site. GMATClub kicks ass.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 3

Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Re: 710 q44 v44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2008, 09:20
Congrats on the great score. Considering you didn't score as well as you expected in quant makes breaking into the 700s even more impressive. Thanks for the debrief and good luck with your applications. I'm not very familiar with the schools you mentioned, but I don't see how a 710 gmat/ 3.97 GPA could immediately disqualify you anywhere, no matter what the breakdown is.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 3

Re: 710 q44 v44   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2008, 09:20

710 q44 v44

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap