Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Retake?

You may select 1 option
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: 750 w/ low quant; retake? Q43 V51 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Given what you said about practice tests I think it's worth just taking it one more time to see how you do. Since it sounds like you've done a lot of prep already & were scoring higher for quant on those, I wouldn't worry about doing additional prep at this point, so the time would just be for the test itself. A 750 is a totally solid score for the schools you are targeting and if you can't get your quant score up it's not the end of the world. Schools will see the highest quant score on the 710 total & take that into consideration, and you've clearly got a job where quant is critical. Having some LORs that vouch for the fact that your quant skill are above average compared to your peers will help as well. But since you are shooting for schools that are the best in the world & since you were testing higher on practice tests my advice is to just give it one more go & see what happens. Worst case if your score goes down they'll just consider your highest score anything & you won't really have lost anything except the time investing in taking the test again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
Send PM
anonthrowaway5263 wrote:
While I personally think that Manhattan best replicates the type and rigor of quant questions, I didn't notice much of a difference between any sources on the verbal side. That being said, I only practiced verbal questions while taking practice tests and only on Manhattan, GMATPrep, and the OG diagnostic. I found Manhattan to be quite helpful on the CR side just on the high-level common mistakes / ways to think about how the test writers may be trying to mislead you. I didn't study nuanced SC rules at all, and just found focusing on meaning, reason, and thinking like the test writer went a long way (with a little bit of luck surely for a 51).

Manythanks. It is very useful n interesting. So I will use Manhattan practice questions for CR with ur recommended way of thinking :)) I finished OG15 and waiting for OG19. I already found that lesson videos of egmat are very interesting and seem useful [for instance, they explain pre-think method for CR].
Again manythanks anonthrowaway5263

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Given what you said about practice tests I think it's worth just taking it one more time to see how you do. Since it sounds like you've done a lot of prep already & were scoring higher for quant on those, I wouldn't worry about doing additional prep at this point, so the time would just be for the test itself. A 750 is a totally solid score for the schools you are targeting and if you can't get your quant score up it's not the end of the world. Schools will see the highest quant score on the 710 total & take that into consideration, and you've clearly got a job where quant is critical. Having some LORs that vouch for the fact that your quant skill are above average compared to your peers will help as well. But since you are shooting for schools that are the best in the world & since you were testing higher on practice tests my advice is to just give it one more go & see what happens. Worst case if your score goes down they'll just consider your highest score anything & you won't really have lost anything except the time investing in taking the test again.

Well, took it again thinking the downside was much smaller than the upside, and somehow pulled off a 49Q, with a bit of a mean reversion of 47V, for a 760 total. Not sure how many schools will superscore my 51V from last test with the 49Q from this test, but that'd just be icing on the cake.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts