Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great job! Dream score! Congratulations

May i ask if you strongly recommend the GMAT Challeges? I've been vascillating on whether to buy access or not. Did it really help push up your quant?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks!

Hi Hermione,

The Challenges helped me out quite a bit, namely because I had two deficiencies in my study plan: (i) lack of exposure to strings of difficult questions and (ii) a stubbornness that made me lose track of time. Combined, these two factors really hurt me the first time I took the exam.

I do think that while many questions are relevant to the GMAT, some are off the mark. Objectively speaking, I haven't encountered anything else as challenging, but that's mainly because I didn't spend much time comparing prep materials (some people do recommend the Manhattan GMAT materials, though, and that was my second choice).

I guess its usefulness depends on your quant background. I studied a lot of finance-type math in university but don't exercise that part of my brain at work so had to get my brain used to building shortcuts and calculating answers within two minutes. If, unlike most engineers, quant isn't your strong point, and you have a few weeks to go before your exam, I'd say the Challenges are worth it.

If you do decide to purchase it, I suggest saving three or four for the week before the actual exam.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Rizzo...

I think I might as well go for the challenges. Been averaging 690 on the GMAT prep and other mock exams. Keep missing about 10-12 questions on the verbal as well as the quant.

I need to get a 700 at least. So although 10 point may not be much, it's been so difficult trying to push up my score by 10 for the final exam.

I do hoep i get a good score... This GMAT preparation is such a painful routine!!! I hope to take my exam in 2 weeks and rush my essays for the Jan deadline.

God help me...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
WAY TO GO!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck, Hermione! Maybe try not to let your practice scores anchor you down - I did better than my prep exams indicated. Think of the actual exam as the culmination of all your hard work. When you take the exam, just focus on the task at hand, stay confident, and I'm sure you'll get that 700 (or more)!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts