Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:22 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [10]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72910 [3]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [1]
Given Kudos: 217
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.56
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 8 Months to 760! (Q49/V44/IR8) (Online vs. In-person) GMAT Debrief [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations on this brilliant score NoneZ....!!

Debrief is as impressive as your score is.. :thumbsup:

Although, I could infer that you are naturally strong in Verbal, I am interested in knowing the material you used for verbal and more interested in knowing the approach/study methods you have used for conquering verbal CR and RC.
Can you please throw some light..?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: 8 Months to 760! (Q49/V44/IR8) (Online vs. In-person) GMAT Debrief [#permalink]
TheGraceful wrote:
Congratulations on this brilliant score

Debrief is as impressive as your score is.. :thumbsup:

Although, I could infer that you are naturally strong in Verbal, I am interested in knowing the material you used for verbal and more interested in knowing the approach/study methods you have used for conquering verbal CR and RC.
Can you please throw some light..?

Thanks! I primarily used TTP to prepare for verbal. Their RC content isn’t published yet, so I supplemented by practicing a few RC passages on GMAT Club. I also reviewed several GMAT Club posts on specific SC topics that are more important than others (parallelism, subject verb agreement, modifiers, etc.) There are a few great guides on GMAT Club for how to approach verbal.

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6285 [3]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi NoneZ,

760 is an amazing GMAT score!!! Congrats on your success and good luck with things moving forward.
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
OUTSTANDING JOB!!!!! We are proud of you!!!! So glad that TTP could help you! Best of luck with everything going forward!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 243
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
Very inspiring, Congratulations.

NoneZ wrote:
According to my ESR, it seems I only got 2 questions wrong (both inference RC questions of above average difficulty). The verbal section was very comparable to that of the mock exams.

Thats concerning. How can getting just 2 questions wrong result in a 6 point drop from the maximum score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congrats on the score. I was wondering if you could explain the difference in accuracy between a Q48 vs. Q49? How many did you get wrong on each?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NoneZ, Congratulations on the fantastic score. 760, is definitely a testimony of your persistent and disciplined efforts. All the Best for the next steps.
Own Kudos [?]: 5138 [2]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
NoneZ wrote:
Be patient and focus on getting 1% better every day. Find what works for you and stick with it. Studying for the GMAT is a mental marathon, not a race.

Yes, indeed!

Way to make it happen, NoneZ.

Congrats, and may all go well for you going forward.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is awesome NoneZ. Wishing you the Best for the next steps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hey NoneZ, congrats on your score ! Will you please share your system details such as Operating System, Processor, Bandwidth where you took the online tests ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: HBS(2+2) '26
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 4
Send PM
Congrats on the score! I had the same exact issue with the GMAT online. 30 seconds to select answer, 30 seconds to hit next, 30 more to submit. Just had to tell the proctor after the second question that it was ridiculous. Glad it worked out for you in the in person exam though. I think we both benefitted in the end from the technical error tbh.

Question for you, why are you waiting 2-4 years to apply? I only ask because I'm in a similar boat right now. Looking to go into MBB consulting for a few years then apply. Curious to hear about your situation!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RafZaf wrote:
Hey NoneZ[/url], congrats on your score ! Will you please share your system details such as Operating System, Processor, Bandwidth where you took the online tests ?

I'm running Windows 10 on ThinkPad laptop w/ an Intel i5-8265U processor. My internet is 500+ mbps download and 40+ mbps upload.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got730butwant760 wrote:
Congrats on the score! I had the same exact issue with the GMAT online. 30 seconds to select answer, 30 seconds to hit next, 30 more to submit. Just had to tell the proctor after the second question that it was ridiculous. Glad it worked out for you in the in person exam though. I think we both benefitted in the end from the technical error tbh.

Question for you, why are you waiting 2-4 years to apply? I only ask because I'm in a similar boat right now. Looking to go into MBB consulting for a few years then apply. Curious to hear about your situation!

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. I agree - had the online experience not been as severely bad as it was, I would have never been pushed to take it in person. And I truly believe the in-person environment is much more conducive to performing well than the online test (maybe w/ the exception for people that suffer from test anxiety and would feel more comfortable at home).

I'm not planning to apply until a few years from now because I only recently graduated from college a year ago. I'd like to have more work experience to pull from during the application process and in the classroom. I'm also planning to use my MBA to move from tech consulting to strategy consulting / PM at tech (if I can't do it sooner).
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts