Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618815 [4]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618815 [0]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Re: A pharmaceutical company has come under public scrutiny for manufactur [#permalink]
Hi Bunuel,

I just want to clear out my line of thought. The conclusion comes down to the fact that the "with the approval of the FDA , the drug will be marketed and sold". As per the options, the one that undermines the requirements for the FDA approval will be the correct choice. I did not take into account the CEO's statement as mentioned by you. Is the approach wrong?
Verbal Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1611 [0]
Given Kudos: 1679
Send PM
A pharmaceutical company has come under public scrutiny for manufactur [#permalink]
Confusion about E.

it contradicts with argument because how FDA approve controversial drugs if there is no evidence that the company made the changes

It will be helpful if any expert explain this.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: A pharmaceutical company has come under public scrutiny for manufactur [#permalink]
winterschool wrote:
Confusion about E.

it contradicts with argument because how FDA approve controversial drugs if there is no evidence that the company made the changes

winterschool, I'm no expert but see if this helps. How do you know that the FDA approved the particular drug? The wording of the CEO is a hint at the approval. He doesn't specifically claim that the drug has been approved. Also, when I read E - I thought "Damn, so the CEO is either lying or not revealing the full picture".

Happy to discuss this further if needed. :)
Verbal Chat Moderator
Send PM
Brian123 wrote:
winterschool wrote:
Confusion about E.

winterschool, I'm no expert but see if this helps. How do you know that the FDA approved the particular drug? The wording of the CEO is a hint at the approval. He doesn't specifically claim that the drug has been approved. Also, when I read E - I thought "Damn, so the CEO is either lying or not revealing the full picture".

Brian123, Than is it not A better than E. it express that CEO can be lying

When I read the passage I thought the same that CEO can be lying
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [1]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
A pharmaceutical company has come under public scrutiny for manufactur [#permalink]
Kudos
winterschool wrote:
Brian123 wrote:
winterschool wrote:
Confusion about E.

Brian123, Than is it not A better than E. it express that CEO can be lying

When I read the passage I thought the same that CEO can be lying

winterschool, Option A doesn't really speak to the facts of the case here. So what if the company has lied in the past? What if they've just lied once in the past and that was a 100 years ago when the CEO wasn't even born. Does this 100 year old lie really weaken the CEO's claim? Perhaps, if the statement had said that the CEO is a compulsive liar, we would have considered A. Hope this helps! :)
Verbal Chat Moderator
Send PM
Brian123,

It is a good question that if CEO or the company lied in past, it doesn't ensure that the company or CEO lying this time :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
Send PM
The reasoning, based on which, the option A has been ruled out, it holds the same for the option A as well.

Just because CEO is lying about the ingredient of the drug to get the FDA approval doesn't mean that the drug is potentially unsafe. May be that the lying is just helping to get the FDA nod, without compromising the safety of the drug.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts