GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 08:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free lesson on number properties

     December 10, 2018

     December 10, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

     December 11, 2018

     December 11, 2018

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics. December 11 at 9 PM EST.

A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 51071
A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 00:29
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  45% (medium)

Question Stats:

63% (01:23) correct 38% (01:05) wrong based on 15 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling the solution for 15 minutes, 70 percent water, by weight, was evaporated. There is no weight loss for the other part of the solution. What percent of the solution’s total remaining weight consists of the remaining water?


(A) 500/69 %

(B) 600/69 %

(C) 700/79 %

(D) 900/79 %

(E) 100/69 %

_________________

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.


What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 14 Jun 2018
Posts: 211
Re: A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 00:47
Total = 100 , water = 30.
70% water evaporated , remaining = 9. Total solution = 100-21 = 79
9 * 100 / 79
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 18
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 03:56
70% of 30% means 21% i.e remaining 79% and 9% of water
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th &nbs [#permalink] 24 Sep 2018, 03:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

A solution consists of 30 percent of water by weight. After boiling th

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.