It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 14:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admission to the MiM Program France, GMAT wasn't everything

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Admission to the MiM Program France, GMAT wasn't everything [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello All,

I wanted to write this post to explain my experience applying to French Business School's for the Master in Management (MiM) Program. I applied to the 5 French schools through the SAI application as well as ESSEC Business School. When I was first thinking of applying, I looked through the forums here to see what advice people gave. I found that almost everybody was emphasizing the fact that you absolutely HAD to have a high GMAT score in order to get admitted to those schools. This really worried me as my GMAT score wasn't that high, it was 620. I was very discouraged because working full time and also having an extra part time job, there was no time to study properly to retake the GMAT. Anyways, I took a deep breath and applied to the schools anyway.

The results came in this past week and I was admitted to every school including Emlyon, ESCP and ESSEC which are top business schools in France. So, I just wanted to write this post and say that your GMAT score isn't everything and there are many ways you can work on your application to stand out from the rest of the candidates applying. I think that many people panic and get anxious when they get a low GMAT score which shouldn't always be the case because there are multiple parts of your application that the admission team takes into account when evaluating your profile. If you got a low GMAT score (and can't retake it for whatever reason such as finances, time constraints etc.), I would recommend to still apply to the school and just focus harder on the essays and making your CV/Resume as impressive as possible. Always have confidence in yourself and your capability. I knew that I was capable of being successful in a rigorous program such as the MiM and that the GMAT score didn't reflect my true ability so I applied anyway and got accepted!

I hope this post will inspire and encourage other students to apply for the program they wish to attend. Good luck to everyone applying!
Please contact me if you have any questions.

All the best,
Patrick

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.67
Re: Admission to the MiM Program France, GMAT wasn't everything [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 13:34
Hey!
Congratulations on the admits!
I am also facing a similar dilemma because I also have a low score on GMAT with a skewed distribution. Your story is truly inspiring and I hope I also succeed in getting into my target school. I have applied to ESSEC and ESCP. Can you tell me about which school you are going to and how was your interview experience?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Admission to the MiM Program France, GMAT wasn't everything [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 19:14
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi!

Thanks! I'm really glad you found my story touching :)

The final decision I made was to go to ESSEC because it really offers a lot of opportunities for its students.

The interview process for ESCP was through SAI so they asked me more general questions about myself and about what extra curricular activities I did on top of my studies. They were also interested in hearing my opinion on general issues like the immigration crisis and Brexit etc. They also asked me questions like "Name a personal role model of yours and explain why you look up to them".

For Essec, they were more interested in what I knew about the university and how I could contribute to the program. So study a lot about the university, what it's involved in and different projects they are a part of as well as the organisations they have on campus.

I hope this helps, if you have more specific questions, please feel free to message me :)

Good luck!!!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Admission to the MiM Program France, GMAT wasn't everything   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2017, 19:14