GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 23:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 09:39
Hi everyone,

Having finished my undergraduate degree, I am planning to apply for an MBA program in America.Based on my qualifications what chance is there of me getting admission in to the below business schools.

Qualifications/qualities
-Bachelor of commerce degree in India(SVU university:State University)
-3.00 GPA
-720 GMAT score
-8 months of work experiance
-Played sports at city level
-Average referrals

I understand Im probably not the most ideal candidate but Im not hoping for top 10 or even top 20

Universities I want to apply for
-University of Arizona Eller School of Business
-Purdue University Krannert Business school
-University of Indiana Kelley Business School
-Fisher School of Business
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 18:04
Thanks for sharing your profile. Your GPA is low overall for most of these schools and given your applicant pooI this area is certainly not a strength. However you did perform well on the GMAT and are well above the averages for your target schools, overall you are targeting the right schools and I think you should be in play at most of that target schools listed above. I do want to not that with many Indian candidates the numbers aren't the only deciding factor. Really focus on emphasizing how you are unique from the myriad of other Indian applicants as well as showing a strong interest in your target programs.

Hope this helps!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Director
Director
S
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 05:51
Hi Chaitan,

A few things work in your favor - your high GMAT score (given the average of the schools you are targeting), the fact that you are not an engineer (therefore, not a typical Indian profile) and have some extra-curricular activities to speak of.

Concern areas include - your <1 year work experience, which is way too low for most schools. Average GPA and referrals.

What can you focus on?

Unique stories - make sure that you focus on bringing out interesting and memorable stories from a personal perspective. This is one area where you can really stand out provided you make the right choices.

Goal clarity - Given your low work experience you need to convince the admissions committee that you are clear about your goals and your reasons for why an MBA now makes sense.

It goes without saying that if you aren't sure of why you need an MBA now or why these particular schools, it is better to wait till you have this clarity before applying. :)

Some potentially useful resources:
An e-book on what B-schools look for when they evaluate candidates: http://www.crackverbal.com/tips-to-get- ... school.htm

An article series on the same topic: http://gmat.crackverbal.com/6-traits-to ... potential/

Let me know if you have more questions. :)

Regards
Gowri

Gowri N Kishore
Admissions Coach

For more info on GMAT and MBA, follow us on @AskCrackVerbal

Register for the Free GMAT Video Training Course : https://crackverbal.com/MBA-Through-GMAT-2019-Registration

Intern
Intern
Re: Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 17:10
[fraction][/fraction]

Hi, I want some more information on getting into the delayed BBA program at Schulich. If any Schulich students are here please feel free to respond as it'll be much appreciated. Basically, I am a York Biomedical student who finally understood the program is not for me. I only got into this program because my father "forced" me. I just finished my 2nd year at York and am motivated to get into Schulich.

I have planned a pathway for getting into the BBA program but I would like some insights.

1. I am currently studying to get my Real Estate license because I have found a strong way to do well in that field. Also because my family is in the business.

2. I have planned out the pre-requisite courses needed to be considered for the Delayed BBA program and am taking it in fall of 2018. But I was wondering will a GPA of 3.8 be looked down upon? I am planning on getting a 3.9-4.0 GPA.

3. I am currently studying on becoming a retail day trader and am reading many books. I am projected to start day trading in December 2018.

4. I am planning on joining a science club at York in Fall of 2018 as well. Those are my steps towards my career in business and getting into Schulich.

5. I will also be going to many Networking sessions every weekend to gain connections in the world of business.

6. I am also writing music and will be producing it soon as well. Then later will be promoting and releasing it

7. I will also be working with another company which will help me be prepared for the Schulich BBA interviews and supplementary application needed to get into the program.

So my questions are:

1. Will a GPA of 3.8 be looked down upon?

2. Will the extracurricular activities, working as a Realtor, retail day trader, and joining a science club help my application? Or will it not cause any benefits? or will it decrease my chances of getting in?

3. Another question I had was if I don't get admitted into Schulich will I have a great chance at getting admitted to UofT BBA at Trinity or Rotman?

It will be MUCH MUCH appreciated if any of you Schulich or UofT students can help me!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school &nbs [#permalink] 04 Jul 2018, 17:10

Admissions help. Chances of me getting into my dream school

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap