GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 02:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admitted into IE MIM

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Admitted into IE MIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 01:25
Hi,

I've recently been admitted into IE MIM and Hult's MIB. IE had been my top preference due its brand and values.
However, I am not too sure about career prospects now after an IE MIM for a non-EU resident like myself (I am an Indian).

My question is, would it be a good choice to accept the admit offer and go for IE and learn Spanish to enter Madrid with a better profile?
Or should I look out for other schools such as the French rivals or HHL Leipzig because I want to work for a few years in Europe before I move for my MBA in later years?

I am looking for any sort of information that can help me make a more informed decision.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
Re: Admitted into IE MIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 21:13
Hi HUNNY,
Though I am not an expert, but I will recommend you that you do as per your wish as you know yourself better than the person knows you.
Congratulations for the offer from both the colleges .
IE is a well known brand, but I believe the fees is on higher side(around 34000 euros) so you have to look ROI as well.
on the other hand ,HULT gives you 4 options to study MIB . from Boston, san Frans , London and Dubai and the fees for MIB differs based on the location .
If you want to study and get settled abroad with a guarantee,I will recommend you that you can look for other demograpics such as CANADA or Australia.
EVEN IE can also help you in getting a job but again it depends on luck .
HULT is an emerging brand and your job prospects depends on the location from where you will graduating . for EX I believe Boston and San Frans will give you more oppurtunities as compared to London . Dubai is also good seeing the current market situation oF US and UK.
I believe in you that you will take the best decision by analysing your present and future circumstances . All the best
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 02:38
Hey Hunny,

So IE’s MiM is a much better option as compared to Hult’s MiB, it would supersede Hult in almost every regard. However, Spain’s immigration policy is a little strict, and you will only get a 10-month post-study work visa as a Non-EU Citizen, so you would need to find a job and an employer who can sponsor you within this short period.

It is certainly possible, even without knowing Spanish, but learning Spanish would greatly help you network better.
You can also always look for French schools or German schools and apply for the MiM next year. Both France and Germany have better immigration policies, but IE can be a good call; you just need to leverage it properly.

Here’s a review of IE’s MiM program: http://www.mim-essay.com/ie-mim-review/.

This will give you a better idea of the common companies that recruit IE graduates, besides other important information.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 05:34
Abhyank Thank you for the advice. I've also received an admit from EDHEC for their MIM and MSc double degree. Would your recommendation change, given my stated goals post graduation?

TIA!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 00:56
Hey Hunny,

France has better immigration laws so if you’re looking to shift there permanently or work for 4-5 years, EDHEC would be a good choice. IE is a good school and has a better brand name as compared to EDHEC. However, Spain has bad immigration policies, and only offer a 10-month visa. So EDHEC is better if you want better ROI and better job terms.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 03:17
Thank you, Abhyank
I've decided to go to HHL, Germany.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admitted into IE MIM &nbs [#permalink] 21 Mar 2018, 03:17

Admitted into IE MIM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap