Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NABA, AKA
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Management, Wealth Management, Commercial Banking
Schools:Booth (Accepted + 60K!), Kellogg (Accepted + 70K!), Stanford (Ding), Duke (Withdrawn)
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2013 [#permalink]
In the admission response form, is it mandatory to fill out the information about the other schools I have applied to, even if I am selecting the first option that I plan to attend Chicago Booth ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Congming wrote:
In the admission response form, is it mandatory to fill out the information about the other schools I have applied to, even if I am selecting the first option that I plan to attend Chicago Booth ?

I would imagine it is, but even if it wasn't, why wouldn't you? I'm sure it's just for statistical purposes.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
Hey everyone, Admit Weekend was awesome and intense!! I'm all set to join Chicago Booth in the Fall.

I wonder if I met any of you there.

Originally posted by wiredo on 14 Feb 2011, 21:43.
Last edited by wiredo on 23 Feb 2011, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Booth R1, Tuck, Ross
Send PM
Absolutely agree about admit weekend - Rockefeller 4 here. Definitely looking forward to September!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
Hey all, I have a difficult decision to make. I was accepted to both Booth and CBS, with CBS giving me a small fellowship. I was unable to attend CBS's admit weekend because it fell on the same exact weekend as Booth's (apparently, Kellogg's too from the admits I met at Chicago), and I chose Chicago because I'm already familiar with NYC.

Of course I'm psyched I got the a CBS fellowship, but I'm agonizing over deciding between CBS and Booth. Booth offered me none, and when I called them about receiving one from a comparable school and seeing what my chances are with them, they told me to "wait and see" - which to me means I'm not really considered. I put up a thread about my decision in the "business school review" section of gmatclub and I want to see anyone's thoughts on this. Much appreciated!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Booth R1, Tuck, Ross
Send PM
I guess it depends a bit on how 'small' the fellowship is. If you're talking about <10% of tuition then it's not really going to impact your finances after b-school (unless you want to go into non-profit in which case every $ counts!). On the other hand, if CBS has offered you a larger fellowship then I would think you'd be hard pushed not to accept CBS.

If I were in your position, then I think I would have to go with the school where I felt most at home. Both are great schools and both will set you up well for whatever you want to do in the future.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
staind wrote:
Wherever you live, just be sure to stay a stone's throw from the red line.. that'll make it easy getting to campus. Lincoln Park is also a really nice place to stay if you want to get out of campus in your second year and don't want to pay the downtown premium on rent.

Once again, this is NOT how Booth students get to campus from downtown and I would not suggest students take the Red Line. You should take the metra or you should drive. Please see this post in case you missed the discussion last time:

calling-all-2011-booth-applicants-96912-2080.html#p865720
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Gargoyles 3 here. It definitely was a fun weekend. I love the city of Chicago.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
I just paid the $1000 deposit

eskimoroll wrote:
Gargoyles 3 here. It definitely was a fun weekend. I love the city of Chicago.

How about your hbs vs booth decision? did the AWs help you decide?

btw, are you case method fit? :P
https://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=946533325&play=1
https://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=952364017&play=1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
rid82 wrote:
I just paid the $1000 deposit

How about your hbs vs booth decision? did the AWs help you decide?

btw, are you case method fit? :P
https://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=946533325&play=1
https://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=952364017&play=1

Awesome rid82! As far as Booth's admit weekend goes, it made me sure that either way I wasn't making a wrong decision and that I'd be proud to be a Boothie. The bigger part was that the Booth Partners were wonderful to my wife and they really made her feel welcome. That means a lot to me for her to have a solid network as well.

I'm flying out to Boston tomorrow night for HBS' admit weekend. I'll know at the end of this weekend where I'm going. Oh and as far as case method goes, I'm a pretty good fit. My case based classes as an undergrad were my favorite classes and I really enjoy that method of learning.

Now to be perfectly honest, I did have one less than positive experience from admit weekend at Booth. When either my wife or I spoke about my decision and the name HBS came up, many of the Booth admits and their partners made comments such as "Harvard of course!" or "why are you here if you got in at HBS?" I guess that being from Chicago biases me but I put the University of Chicago up there against any school in the world and I was a bit surprised with those responses.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
eskimoroll wrote:
Awesome rid82! As far as Booth's admit weekend goes, it made me sure that either way I wasn't making a wrong decision and that I'd be proud to be a Boothie. The bigger part was that the Booth Partners were wonderful to my wife and they really made her feel welcome. That means a lot to me for her to have a solid network as well.

I'm flying out to Boston tomorrow night for HBS' admit weekend. I'll know at the end of this weekend where I'm going. Oh and as far as case method goes, I'm a pretty good fit. My case based classes as an undergrad were my favorite classes and I really enjoy that method of learning.

Now to be perfectly honest, I did have one less than positive experience from admit weekend at Booth. When either my wife or I spoke about my decision and the name HBS came up, many of the Booth admits and their partners made comments such as "Harvard of course!" or "why are you here if you got in at HBS?" I guess that being from Chicago biases me but I put the University of Chicago up there against any school in the world and I was a bit surprised with those responses.

I am not surprised by their responses - I bet many at that weekend (including myself) were dinged by HBS. Just remember everyone has their preferences. I met one person who just came from Wharton's admit weekend, admitted she had a blast, and even I myself was thinking why was she here. So don't worry much about that.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
eskimoroll wrote:

I did see some school-bashing (I'm not a big fan) at Admit Weekend, but most people I met were very positive and seemed to really like and want to come to U-Chicago, several of them despite admits from other elite schools (Wharton, MIT, Kellogg, etc). Of course, I'm sure there were folks at the other schools who wanted to enroll there, despite a Chicago admit. Within the top programs, I honestly believe that any school can get one to his/her destination. I'd say that fit is probably a stronger consideration.

Have fun at HBS's Admit Weekend, eskimoroll. Make the right decision for you (and the wife!).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hey guys!! I am in! woo hoo!! :D
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
Welcome, Cookiesn!! Glad to have you on board. Join the Google and Facebook groups and get the party started. :beer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
wiredo wrote:
Welcome, Cookiesn!! Glad to have you on board. Join the Google and Facebook groups and get the party started. :beer

Thanks wiredo! could you pm me the link for the google group? Already joined the fb group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Another Boothie here.. Could you please PM me the google group as well?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Not to sound redundant... but can you send me the link to the Google group as well?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts