It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 04:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advertisement: In today s world, you make a statement about

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 244 [0], given: 7

Advertisement: In today s world, you make a statement about [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2009, 07:10
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Advertisement: In today’s world, you make a statement about the person you are by the car you own. The message of the SKX Mach-5 is unambiguous: Its owner is Dynamic, Aggressive, and Successful. Shouldn’t you own an SKX Mach-5?
If the claims made in the advertisement are true, which one of the following must also be true on the basis of them?
(A) Anyone who is dynamic and aggressive is also successful.
(B) Anyone who is not both dynamic and successful would misrepresent himself or herself by being the owner of an SKX Mach-5.
(C) People who buy the SKX Mach-5 are usually more aggressive than people who buy other cars.
(D) No car other than the SKX Mach-5 announces that its owner is successful.
(E) Almost no one would fail to recognize the kind of person who would choose to own an SKX Mach-5.

"CEO in making"

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 373 [0], given: 106

WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)
Re: LSAT 9 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2009, 07:32
IMO .. E
--
(1:45)

Consider kudos for the good post ... :beer
My debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/journey-670-to-720-q50-v36-long-85083.html

Director
Director

WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2009, 06:27
OA Plz?

Consider kudos for the good post ... :beer
My debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/journey-670-to-720-q50-v36-long-85083.html

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2009, 09:00
Option E...OA Pls.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2009, 02:51
Even I have chossen E ..But its not right ..time to stretch thinking ..
sudeep wrote:
IMO .. E
--
(1:45)

"CEO in making"

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2009, 02:20
IMO B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2009, 10:59
Advertisement: In today’s world, you make a statement about the person you are by the car you own. The message of the SKX Mach-5 is unambiguous: Its owner is Dynamic, Aggressive, and Successful. Shouldn’t you own an SKX Mach-5?
If the claims made in the advertisement are true, which one of the following must also be true on the basis of them?
(A) Anyone who is dynamic and aggressive is also successful. - out of scope
(B) Anyone who is not both dynamic and successful would misrepresent himself or herself by being the owner of an SKX Mach-5. this conclusion goes too far
(C) People who buy the SKX Mach-5 are usually more aggressive than people who buy other cars. out of scope again
(D) No car other than the SKX Mach-5 announces that its owner is successful. out of scope again
(E) Almost no one would fail to recognize the kind of person who would choose to own an SKX Mach-5. highlights that the type of owner of the car is unambiguous

So E it is for me.
OA Please?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2009, 11:23
I think its E.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2009, 11:37
i.e. the owner of this car should have all the 3 traits

(A) Anyone who is dynamic and aggressive is also successful. We are not talking about anyone..we are specifically talking about the owners of SKX Mach-5.

(B) Anyone who is not both dynamic and successful would misrepresent himself or herself by being the owner of an SKX Mach-5.

(C) People who buy the SKX Mach-5 are usually more aggressive than people who buy other cars. No comparison given.

(D) No car other than the SKX Mach-5 announces that its owner is successful. We have no information

(E) Almost no one would fail to recognize the kind of person who would choose to own an SKX Mach-5. Not mentioned in the advertisement hence cannot be claimed.

"Always....Read between the lines"

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2009, 11:45
i.e. the owner of this car should have all the 3 traits

(A) Anyone who is dynamic and aggressive is also successful. We are not talking about anyone..we are specifically talking about the owners of SKX Mach-5.

(B) Anyone who is not both dynamic and successful would misrepresent himself or herself by being the owner of an SKX Mach-5. - This one shows only two of three . Also, it suggests that the owner is dynamic,aggressive and successful it does not make the 3 traits mandatory

(C) People who buy the SKX Mach-5 are usually more aggressive than people who buy other cars. No comparison given.

(D) No car other than the SKX Mach-5 announces that its owner is successful. We have no information

(E) Almost no one would fail to recognize the kind of person who would choose to own an SKX Mach-5. Not mentioned in the advertisement hence cannot be claimed.
This is not mentioned directly. Though it is mentioned that the message is unambiguous - so most people would recognise an SKX and its owner...

I still think it is E

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2009, 12:13
E for me as well......Though was initially thinking if C....But it is a king if opposite reasoning and out of scope of the argument....

Choose Life

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2009, 14:10
i think its B.

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2009, 21:23
B is the correct answer

E is not relevant! We have no info on what people will or will not recognize.

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 2

Re: LSAT 9   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2009, 21:23

Advertisement: In today s world, you make a statement about

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap