Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 334 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Advice needed please, exam in 2 weeks [#permalink]
My exam is in 10 days. Should I give a shot and see how it goes or should I wait or what. I dunno, I will give a gmatprep soon and see what to do? Where do you get PR tests from? I did buy a princeton review book and got a CD.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Greatchap,

I've been in your position before... Take it from me, if your scores on the GMATPreps (or any other diagnostic exam) for that matter, are not even remotely close to where you need to be, then you need to reschedule your exam. I believe if you do it 7 days before, you only have to pay a USD 50$ change fee; otherwise you lose your whole test fee. Your quant score is pretty good; you really need to work on verbal. Other members have had great success with the Manhattan Gmat Prep series for verbal (SC, RC, CR). However, the OG 11th ed should give you a strong starting point. Find out where your weaknesses are in verbal.. SC, RC, or CR... then you can focus your efforts more effectively. My advice for improving RC.. read high level publications in your spare time (the Wall St Journal, the Economist magazine, etc)... and get acclimated with those types of dense passages. CR and SC can be learned through practice, practice, and practice.

You also mentioned you were drained halfway through the verbal... pardon my bluntness, but get used to it... practice more to start building up your mental stamina... we've all had the exact same issues at one point or another during our prep... you'll quickly find out the GMAT is a test of confidence, mental stamina, attention to detail, and some common sense... I have no doubt that if you start to focus on the verbal fundamentals in the OG book, and do more practice exams or sets to build your endurance, you'll start to see significant improvements in your verbal score...

Hope this helps mate... Cheers,

AK
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot AK for your advice. I think you are right and I should focus on verbal & its fundamentals.

I gave GMATPrep test yesterday and although did not get an overall high score but I got a Quant section score of 46 and verbal score of 21. (overall 550)

As you see the reason my score is dropping is becoz of verbal. Now I want to raise this verbal score which is in twenties to at least close to 40. Moreover analysis indicates that in verbal my SC is okay, CR is not good and RC is worst.

Though I have re-schedules my exam, I have little less than a month to take it. Can I reach my verbal score of 40+. I have started to focus more on OG 11th ed verbal. I also have powerscore book on CR. I hope I do improve, just worried about RC.

I will be taking more practice tests so that I can build up stamina. One of the reason I mess up verbal is by the time I reach the middle of the section, I know I am not doing well and get kinda irritated. So all in all, just pushing myself as much as I can.
GMAT Club Bot