It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 17:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Affordable Admissions Consultant

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

Schools: Booth '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V43
GPA: 3.62
Reviews Badge
Affordable Admissions Consultant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 16:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone,

My name is Randy Paris - I'm a 2Y FTMBA student at Booth. I think MBA admissions consultant is too expensive for the value added. Ultimately, you should be able to put your best foot forward without paying thousands of dollars on high-priced consultants.

I want to work with applicants improve their essays and resumes at a fraction of the cost of other consultants. I want you to put the best foot forward on the next path of your journey, for a price that makes sense.

Some background on me:

I graduated Wake Forest University in 2011, where I double majored in Political Science and Religion and won awards for theses in both departments. After school, I worked for the White House, in operations, personnel, and science and technology policy.

More here: https://randyjohnparis.wixsite.com/mysite

I look forward to working with you.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 177 [1], given: 60

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Affordable Admissions Consultant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 21:08
This post received
KUDOS
randyjohnparis wrote:
Hey everyone,

My name is Randy Paris - I'm a 2Y FTMBA student at Booth. I think MBA admissions consultant is too expensive for the value added. Ultimately, you should be able to put your best foot forward without paying thousands of dollars on high-priced consultants.

I want to work with applicants improve their essays and resumes at a fraction of the cost of other consultants. I want you to put the best foot forward on the next path of your journey, for a price that makes sense.

Some background on me:

I graduated Wake Forest University in 2011, where I double majored in Political Science and Religion and won awards for theses in both departments. After school, I worked for the White House, in operations, personnel, and science and technology policy.

More here: https://randyjohnparis.wixsite.com/mysite

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks for taking this initiative. Have you worked with anyone before or do you have any experience of Admission Consulting?

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 177 [1], given: 60

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Schools: Booth '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V43
GPA: 3.62
Reviews Badge
Re: Affordable Admissions Consultant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 09:16
Thanks for the question, Vivek. I just launched this a few days ago, so the short answer is no (though I do already have interest and working to schedule first phone calls).

I think the question of credentials/experience with respect to something like this is an important one. There's a lot on the line.

I have a few thoughts in response:

(1) I am pricing in my lack of experience, where others are not. I haven't worked in an admissions department, and I'm not worth $300+ per hour. That said, I have experience writing and editing in high-stakes situations, and I can add real value to candidates who aren't willing or able to pay thousands of dollars.

(2) Many existing consultants are credentialed almost solely by their admission to, and graduation from, top business schools. I have been admitted to - and will graduate from - a top business school.

(3) Despite the gravity of the exercise, applying to business school is not rocket science. The parts under applicants' control - (essays, letters of recommendation, resumes, GMAT, etc.) are beatable for those who (A) understand what schools are looking for and (B) have experience writing and editing. I have both.

Apologies for the somewhat lengthy reply. I've given lots of though to this. Ultimately, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for one reason - I think most consultants are priced way too high for the experience they bring and the value they add. I think applicants deserve more affordable options, and I think I can help them put their best foot forward for a fraction of the cost.

Best,
Randy

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Affordable Admissions Consultant   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2017, 09:16

Affordable Admissions Consultant

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap