Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: against ALL odds: 690----->720 [#permalink]
Thank you, but I seem to be unlucky.
I had my exam today and I scored Q50 and V28, which is around 660. It is strange that I could not improve my score in Verbal even though, I took the e-GMAT course and I had pretty good results. Maybe you have any suggestions for me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
justdan wrote:
Thank you, but I seem to be unlucky.
I had my exam today and I scored Q50 and V28, which is around 660. It is strange that I could not improve my score in Verbal even though, I took the e-GMAT course and I had pretty good results. Maybe you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you very much for your eply.

First of all i would like to say that I am not at expert nor does my score justify any advice being given from me.With this in mind i would like to say that for the verbal part the most important thing is to know english.If you are not a native speaker AND you haven't learned good english throughout your life then you will always struggle a bit more with the verbal and will never reach your top score that your brain as well as your way of thinking would allow you to otherwise.

If your english is good to go then the advice that i would prefer to give is to make sure you try to save time for CR and RC by answering SC qs faster.For this,practice and good methodology/strategy is needed.For example every time i read a SC question i would instictively look for subject-verb agreement,parallelism,verb tenses,words such as ''like'',''such as'' and command subjunctive verbs etc....Then i would read the sentence again with the second choice.Even if the first 2 choices were definitely wrong i would still read the whole sentence to try to find problems with its meaning and what the author generaly intended to say.I would only break this methodology in specific cases(eg when the sentence was too small and i remembered everything easily)and in such cases the steps taken would be predefined as well.Don't change things on test day.Make sure you have all ways of approaching a question for every different scenario that might pop up on test day ready in your head.

I hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts