It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 15:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Alternate stress-free job for GMAT preparation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Alternate stress-free job for GMAT preparation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 07:16
I am a Chemical Engineer having four years experience working in Reliance Industries. Currently, I am involved in commissioning a mammoth petrochemicals plant and the project is nearing its final stages. I have to work in 12 hour shifts (both morning and night shifts, with no certainty of going home from work) and the work here is physically and mentally demanding. When I get home, I find myself totally drained. I find myself short of time and energy to prepare for my GMAT examination.

I am planning to take up a relatively less stressful job with the Government of India, by clearing the SSC CGL exam. This job has minimal workload with fixed working hours (8 hours daily and 5 days a week). This would give me plenty of time to easily prepare for GMAT.

Do you think this is a positive step? How will I convince the AdCom regarding the reason why I left my job in petrochemicals and joined the public sector instead?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Alternate stress-free job for GMAT preparation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 07:51
It is just a opinion
I feel like if your target is to reach a point then you should follow straight path rather than going in circular direction. Cracking SSC would also take sincere amount of effort. If you have time on Saturdays and Sundays then invest it in gmat preparation.
A wiser option would be change of job and then study or take ur time and prepare for gmat at your own pace.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Alternate stress-free job for GMAT preparation   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2017, 07:51

Alternate stress-free job for GMAT preparation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap