GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 11:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Am I taking GMAT much earlier?  

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Am I taking GMAT much earlier?    [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 05:04
I just graduated and was thinking of doing MBA so I thought of doing GMAT but I don't if its to early for me to do it I mean I don't have any kind of work experience will it affect my GMAT or my MBA in any way please tell me ????
examPAL Representative
G
Am I taking GMAT much earlier?    [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 05:36
Hi AjayBairagi,

Welcome to GMATClub!

Note that you are asking two different questions:
1. What do I need to get accepted into an MBA program?
2. Should I take the GMAT now?

Question 1 depends greatly on the school you want to apply to; do you have a few target schools? If so, have you looked at those schools' admissions requirements? This will help you understand what kind of profile you should build, in terms of CV, work experience and GMAT score. There is an entire forum devoted to admissions consultancy you can check for more specific details.

To answer question 2, I'll first note that work experience has nothing to do with taking the GMAT -- the GMAT is a standardized exam schools use to judge applicants and requires no explicit experience or grades to take. Moreover, GMAT scores are valid for 5 years from their test day, so even if you don't go to school now, you can certainly take the exam now. For more specific advice, I'll need a few more details:
1. Have you taken a GMAT practice exam (CAT) before? If so, what were your Quant/Verbal scores? If not, from past experience, how good do you think your overall quantitative and verbal skills are?
2. How much time would you be able to spend in the coming weeks/months? Prepping for the GMAT from scratch takes at least a month if you have a good background and sometimes even three months or more if your background is poor.

I am a CR Expert - Ask Me ANYTHING about CR
I am a DS Expert - Ask Me ANYTHING about DS

Watch free GMAT tutorials in Math, Verbal, IR, and AWA.

GMAT test takers: Watch now the GMAC interview with the people who write the GMAT test!
We discussed the chances of improving a GMAT score; how important the first questions on the test are; what to do if you don’t have enough time to complete a whole section; and more.

You can watch all the action from the interview here.

Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Am I taking GMAT much earlier?    [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 11:37
Hi AjayBairagi,

As noted above, GMATscore is valid for 5 years. If you have time, you can take it now. You can take free official CAT to find out your score:

https://www.mba.com/global/store/store- ... -free.aspx

Hope it helps!

Non progredi est regredi

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 21:27
Hi AjayBairagi,

Many Business Schools expect Applicants to have at least a few years of quality Work Experience. There are some exceptions of course, but you should make sure that the Programs that YOU are interested in would be willing to consider an Applicant with little-to-no Work Experience before you put any plans in motion to apply to School this year. GMAT Scores are 'valid' for 5 years though, so you could study for - and lock in - a competitive GMAT Score now and then apply to Business School several years in the future.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 02:47
AjayBairagi wrote:
I just graduated and was thinking of doing MBA so I thought of doing GMAT but I don't if its to early for me to do it I mean I don't have any kind of work experience will it affect my GMAT or my MBA in any way please tell me ????
You can take the GMAT now and apply later, once you have a few years of work experience. Each GMAT score is valid for 5 years, and there is no penalty for having "banked" your GMAT score.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Am I taking GMAT much earlier?   &nbs [#permalink] 02 Aug 2018, 02:47

Am I taking GMAT much earlier?  

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap