GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 04:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Anderson ($$$) or Kellogg

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 44% [4]
  • 55% [5]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Anderson ($$$) or Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 14:38
Hi All -

I'll start by saying I'm extremely pleased to have an option between two really great schools. I need your help in deciding between the two.

Background: I'm an engineering major from a top 5 program and I've been working in management consulting for the past 4 years in Chicago. My goal is to work for an organization in a role that helps me support the cause I care most about - increasing global access to quality education (i.e. Gates Foundation, Khan Academy, Blue Chip tech working on education tech projects, or even starting my own education tech platform). I am originally from California and have a limited network in the tech industry but would ideally want to live long-term on the West Coast.

Why MBA: In addition to business acumen and expertise, I'm looking to develop relationships and a professional network that will enable me to work for any of the firms above or start my own venture. My goal is to provide access to quality education across the world - whether that is in the form of not-for-profit, for-profit, or some combination.

The situation: I've been accepted to UCLA Anderson (with $100K, so essentially full-ride) and Kellogg (no scholarship). I've heard that the Anderson tech network is better than Kellogg given the California locale, but the prestige of an M7 weighs heavy on my mind. I've additionally been waitlisted at Berkeley-Haas and Yale SOM. I think either Berkeley-Haas or Yale SOM would be the no-brainer option if I'm accepted to either (absolutely open to any tips you may have to get off the waitlist).

The ask: I would love to hear your input on which school you think would better set me up to achieve my goals!

Thanks in advance!
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Anderson ($$$) or Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 06:50
Hi,

Congratulations on being accepted to Anderson and Kellogg!

Based on your background and career aspirations, I recommend Anderson. With the exception of Kellogg being an M7, Anderson checks all the boxes as it relates to what you are seeking from an MBA. Aside from having a larger network of students from the west coast, relatively speaking Anderson has a larger alumni network who have accepted positions in the tech sector as well as education/non-profit. Also, don't underestimate the importance of an "essentially full ride," especially post-graduation.

In the event that starting your own venture outweighs the other elements, I then recommend Kellog. An M7 education comes handy when you are seeking venture backing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

1akaushal wrote:
Hi All -

I'll start by saying I'm extremely pleased to have an option between two really great schools. I need your help in deciding between the two.

Background: I'm an engineering major from a top 5 program and I've been working in management consulting for the past 4 years in Chicago. My goal is to work for an organization in a role that helps me support the cause I care most about - increasing global access to quality education (i.e. Gates Foundation, Khan Academy, Blue Chip tech working on education tech projects, or even starting my own education tech platform). I am originally from California and have a limited network in the tech industry but would ideally want to live long-term on the West Coast.

Why MBA: In addition to business acumen and expertise, I'm looking to develop relationships and a professional network that will enable me to work for any of the firms above or start my own venture. My goal is to provide access to quality education across the world - whether that is in the form of not-for-profit, for-profit, or some combination.

The situation: I've been accepted to UCLA Anderson (with $100K, so essentially full-ride) and Kellogg (no scholarship). I've heard that the Anderson tech network is better than Kellogg given the California locale, but the prestige of an M7 weighs heavy on my mind. I've additionally been waitlisted at Berkeley-Haas and Yale SOM. I think either Berkeley-Haas or Yale SOM would be the no-brainer option if I'm accepted to either (absolutely open to any tips you may have to get off the waitlist).

The ask: I would love to hear your input on which school you think would better set me up to achieve my goals!

Thanks in advance!

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Anderson ($$$) or Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 07:30
Congrats on your admission!

It is a close call, though it is always hard to quantify scholarships and reputation.... it really depends on how much you want to leverage on-campus recruiting. There are obviously many more benefits to a higher-ranked school but in this case, taking into consideration your goals that are not centered around on-campus recruiting, it absolutely makes sense to take the money and graduate with as little debt as possible.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Anderson ($$$) or Kellogg &nbs [#permalink] 04 Apr 2018, 07:30

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap