Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ok. I just noticed that you're in Madrid. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As mentioned in another thread - mine got over as well (the 1st one) and it was pretty good. The interviewer was friendly and very +ve about INSEAD.

Next one is next wednesday (timothy and I are running almost parallel on our INSEAD applications process!)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well done there! Do you think admissions would start reviewing applications as and when they are complete? My first one itself is on Dec 27th and the second one is still in a state of limbo. :( I hope they simply don't discard my application because seats have been filled up by then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
popeye, I think you're getting needlessly worried. I think they will look at all applications results finally and make the call.

I could be completely wrong - but my feeling is that by the time they send our their interviews, they probably have alreay classified their "buckets", i.e. people that they really would like to have, people they like to have - but with some doubt, people they aren't sure so need some more information based on interviews. Once they get all the interview results, they probably confirm their assumptions and toss out the borderlines. I doubt a poor interview comment will completely trash a solid app. But one never knows.

Anyway, in your situation, I think as long as you get your interview done couple of days before the deadlines, you should be OK. But get it done!!

Popeye wrote:
Well done there! Do you think admissions would start reviewing applications as and when they are complete? My first one itself is on Dec 27th and the second one is still in a state of limbo. :( I hope they simply don't discard my application because seats have been filled up by then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think what you're saying is very true. But sometimes the whole process can be so nerveracking one will start to imagine the worst.
You said you were in Northeast right? What was the location? Did you have to travel out?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Popeye,

Here you have my profile

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37054

Don't worry for your interview happening late compared to others: if INSEAD invited to to an interview it means you may be a good fit for the school and they are surely interested in you as a candidate.

Good luck to you and necromonger!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you folks. Your assurance gives me confidence. Keep us updated on how your second interview goes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey guys,
I've just completed my second INSEAD interview. It went even better than the first one. Usual questions (why MBA, why INSEAD), plus some objectives related questions (the interviewer and I had the same long-term goals and spent at least half an hour going through our ideas). He said I'm one of the best candidates he has interviewed so far and that he'll recommend me to the AdCom. I'm glad about how both interviews went... now it's just a matter of sitting back and wait!
19th Jan, please, come quickly!

Necromonger, Popeye, how did your interviews go?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
tim,

that's great to hear! My interview is in the next 2 hours :) It looks pretty certain now that you will probably go to INSEAD!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
GOOD LUCK NECROMONGER! Let us know how it went!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well done Timothy and Good luck Necromanager. Mine is on 27th guys and the wait is just seeming impossible. Admissions hasn't got back to me with a second alternative interviewer yet. I'm now suspecting that I'll have just one interview.
Timothy do tell us about how casual/formal the interview was? Did you meet at a Cafe or a Coffee place? Mine would be in a coffee shop. I have the same doubts as was posted in an earlier posting. Do I offer the interviewer a cup of coffee or do I wait for her to offer or do I let each of us pay for ourselves?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,
My second interview got over just an hour ago. It lasted for about 1 hr 50 minutes and we went off very well. The interviewer was friendly, very experienced and he was positive in his interview with me. Hopefully he'll make a good recommendation!

Once again, I was pleasantly surprised by his friendly manner, his diligence (checked some of my web references, had read my profile, and he took all my essays to read them as well) and the detailed nature of the interview. No tricky questions - just probing all angles of my work and interests. He also spoke at length about what INSEAD did to him and his experiences and he was very +ve about INSEAD.

So - at this point, I've done everything I could and now it's waiting time!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
necromonger wrote:
Guys,
My second interview got over just an hour ago. It lasted for about 1 hr 50 minutes and we went off very well. The interviewer was friendly, very experienced and he was positive in his interview with me. Hopefully he'll make a good recommendation!

Once again, I was pleasantly surprised by his friendly manner, his diligence (checked some of my web references, had read my profile, and he took all my essays to read them as well) and the detailed nature of the interview. No tricky questions - just probing all angles of my work and interests. He also spoke at length about what INSEAD did to him and his experiences and he was very +ve about INSEAD.

So - at this point, I've done everything I could and now it's waiting time!

Very good :).... Both interviews sound nice for u :D :)... Crossed fingers touching some wood :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Popeye wrote:
Well done Timothy and Good luck Necromanager. Mine is on 27th guys and the wait is just seeming impossible. Admissions hasn't got back to me with a second alternative interviewer yet. I'm now suspecting that I'll have just one interview.
Timothy do tell us about how casual/formal the interview was? Did you meet at a Cafe or a Coffee place? Mine would be in a coffee shop. I have the same doubts as was posted in an earlier posting. Do I offer the interviewer a cup of coffee or do I wait for her to offer or do I let each of us pay for ourselves?

popeye - has she offered to buy the coffee/snacks? my interviewer offered to buy lunch so there was no confusion. If the interviewer has not indicated anything - you might want to simply state that the coffee is on you and then there won't be any confusion later on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Popeye - the first interview took place at the interviewer's office. 1/2 an hour in a nice meeting room. He was very friendly and didn't do any tricky question. The second interview took place in a coffee shop: he was also very friendly and asked me very typical questions. He paid the coffee (I offered to pay for it but he didn't even listen...).
Good luck to everyone... I'm going on holiday... 10 days without GMAT club... it's going to be tough! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow, necro your second interview lasted an hour and 50 minutes. That's crazy!!! Is that normal for alumni interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Happy Holidays, Timothy.
I guess I'll deal with the 'who buys coffee' situation on the day of the interview itself. Thanks for your suggestions guys...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2