Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think this thread is exactly what my experience has been like, the GMAT has pushed me to become a more dedicated student, taking extra course work and pushing harder at my job has changed my personality, as well as reflecting on my achievements, meeting other driven individuals, and interviewing at top schools. Even my boss has noticed a huge change in the way I carry myself - which led to me getting promoted.

I think overall the experience has been totally positive and I will carry lessons from it with me in whatever I do. However - I want to get an MBA, if I am not accepted I will surely be disappointed because I believe I have the talent and the ability to do very well at the programs I am applying to.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You know, it's interesting how some people are positively influenced just by applying to Business School..

If I were to analyze it, the comparison to other "Walk-on-water" type b-school candidates causes people to really work hard at what they are doing and excel at their professional and volunteer lives. Ofcourse, the personal life can take a beating in this environment!

If anyone reading this has some free time, please read "Finding Time" by Leslie Perlow. It talks about the often contentious issue of work/life balance.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
saturnring11 wrote:
You know, it's interesting how some people are positively influenced just by applying to Business School..

If I were to analyze it, the comparison to other "Walk-on-water" type b-school candidates causes people to really work hard at what they are doing and excel at their professional and volunteer lives. Ofcourse, the personal life can take a beating in this environment!

If anyone reading this has some free time, please read "Finding Time" by Leslie Perlow. It talks about the often contentious issue of work/life balance.

Piqued my interest.

Delivery estimate: November 30, 2006 - December 4, 2006

* 1 of: Finding Time: How Corporations, Individuals, and Families Can Benefit from New Work Practices (Collection on Technology and Work)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: yep [#permalink]
lepium wrote:
Spot on, it's from the latin Nota bene, meaning please note. I could use PS, but the meaning is slightly different even when the application is similar.

Cheers. L.

I thought it might be that, just checking. It's a fairly uncommon thing to see these days, where'd you pick it up? Most people don't know it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rhyme,

It's a very quick read. I read it on a 3 hour flight from start to finish. It may be interesting from the point of view of understanding the different kinds of personalities that are part of every corporate dynamic. It also talks about the crazy work culture at Technology corporations.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
saturnring11 wrote:
Rhyme,

It's a very quick read. I read it on a 3 hour flight from start to finish. It may be interesting from the point of view of understanding the different kinds of personalities that are part of every corporate dynamic. It also talks about the crazy work culture at Technology corporations.

I'm a voracious reader. I've been known to read entire grisham novels in one sitting on a flight. It'll be finished the day it gets here.

Have you read "We need managers not MBAs" ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
https://www.amazon.com/Managers-Not-MBAs ... F8&s=books

A must read.
Warning: It'll make you feel stupid for going to get an MBA

Another must read.

Hard Landing
https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Landing-Cont ... F8&s=books

Long and thick but once you get into it, you wont want to put it down. One of the most amazing stories of a-type cuthroat CEOS I've ever read.
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: yep [#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
I thought it might be that, just checking. It's a fairly uncommon thing to see these days, where'd you pick it up? Most people don't know it.

A couple of years ago, I started getting NB on e-mails from a Dutch guy working at a customer in Gabon. I checked the meaning, found it useful, and added it to my lexicon.

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good to Great, Jim Collins is an amazing book.. Some how while I was reading the book, I was trying to apply those principles to me..

Freakonomics is another interesting book I read.. I know its got nothing to do with MBA's here.. but a really good read

Rhyme,

How do you finish reading so fast.. You must be a good reader.. I can only read one chapter at one time!!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
just ordered the books thanks guys!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2