GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 15:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 03:16
Hello everyone,

My Name is Krishna Kartheek, working as Assistant Professor in Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration. I have one year of hospital experience as a Hospital Administrator and 10 years of teaching experience (includes research publications) in healthcare management. Now I am planning to pursue PhD in Business Management (Healthcare Policy & Management) from any of the reputed Business School in USA.
My query is, "should I take GRE or GMAT as the qualifying test which will be accepted by the reputed Business Schools. Also what should be the range of scores in GRE / GMAT to get their acceptance.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 10:23
Hi Krishna,

Welcome to the PhD journey! lol The first you will want to do is research the schools you are interested in going to. Each school will have a different average for GMAT or GRE. Based on what I've read - there is a thread here to discuss with actual admission advisers - you will want to get a score that is the very minimum of their average. Most schools will also post their minimum and maximum GMAT or GRE scores for the past 5 years, it just takes some research to find it.

Depending o the program you are in will also determine if you should take GMAT or GRE. However, most business schools for a business PhD will accept either. Only some schools, which is rare, prefer GMAT over GRE. Other majors, such as sciences, will prefer GRE. So again, do a little research. For a top business school in the US you will want at least a 700 on the GMAT. 730+ makes you a stronger candidate.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 4: 690 Q45 V39
Re: Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 05:55
I don’t know if this thread is active anymore, but I’m applying to PhD in Accounting programs for this upcoming year.

I’m mostly interested in behavioral/experimental research focusing on audit/managerial accounting, but information systems research is also intriguing.

I graduated with my bachelors in accounting from Brigham Young University in 2015, worked with a small CPA firm for a couple of years, did a year in healthcare reimbursement and another year in tech doing accounting software implementation. Now I’m at Michigan State University working on a Master’s degree.

If there’s any other accounting PhD applicants out there, I’d love to connect!

Schools I’m interested in applying to:
MSU, Illinois, Indiana, South Florida, Waterloo (Canada), USC, Tennessee, Bentley, Pitt, Oklahoma, ASU, Arizona, and maybe UC Irvine.

Current GMAT score - 660 (46/35) but retaking it Nov 18th in order to get 700+

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2019, 05:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

Applicants who are targeting to do a PhD - Introduce yourself

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, billionaire