It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Application assistance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Application assistance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2015, 19:59
Hi Guys

I have given GMAT and scored a 620 (Q47 V28 IR6).

Since I have crossed the minimum required score for ISB (The only school i plan to apply), I want to give a shot to R1 rounds. I needed your feedback on the following:

1) If this would be right thing to do. Would this score be even considered even though the website says that minimum required is 600
2) What are the chances with such a score to get through
3) Any other good schools to look for with this score
4) How should the ISB application be, as in what is it that they look for in a competing application if score is not up to the mark
5) Any assistance on application from anyone who is applying to ISB this year/anyone who would want to share his/her experience and feedback, would be happy to receive :)

Thanks
Angel

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Application assistance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 19:19
1. Yes, it is a good idea to apply. Your score is above the minimum.
2. That depends on the applications they get and on the rest of your profile. You are definitely in the game with such a score.
3. Yes, there are many other good schools that may be interested. I won’t name individual schools, but you should think about what your main areas of interest are and look for a program that covers these.
4. If you are worried about your score, there are many other aspects of your application that can help you. For example, your work experience is important, as is any leadership experience you have had.
5. Beyond that, emphasize what you can bring to the program. This could be something that other applicants may not be able to offer.

Economist GMAT Tutor
Claim your completely free, full-access trial: http://econgm.at/GMATFreeTrial
Follow us @econtestprep
Contact us at (866) 292-0660 or support@gmat.economist.com

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Application assistance   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2016, 19:19

Application assistance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap