Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:00 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Coaching
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 801 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Re: Apply for R1 in CBS or retake for R2? [#permalink]
With GPA of 3.99, I suggest you should go for R2 after improving your GMAT score in the next attempt..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pintukr wrote:
With GPA of 3.99, I suggest you should go for R2 after improving your GMAT score in the next attempt..

Thanks for your reply, but i'm a bit confused re GPA. As I have 3.99 out of maximum 4.0, I think GPA is not really an issue, no?
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Nichuta wrote:
Is 700 sufficient Gmat score to get into CBS for full-time MBA? I dont think I'll manage to get better score until R1 deadline, so would you advise to apply for R1 or retake Gmat and try for R2? I don't think I can improve score by more than 20 scores though, due to my busy work schedule especially in 4q. As for profile: I'm coming from Georgia, small country at the border of Europe and Asia, not state Georgia in US 😊. My GPA is 3.99. I have some international experience: started my career at EY Tbilisi office in assurance services, continued with financial consulting services at LSE premium listed Bank from Georgia. Then i became head of investor relations and funding at Investment holding company, led its IPO on LSE anf several large size bond placements on ISE. Therefore i was the primary contact for US and Uk investors and analysts on a daily basis. Currently I'm VP at local leading investment bank in M&A services. I'm 30 years old, female. At university i have been among top 3 students and was awarded an exchange program at Georgia State University, Atlanta. Extra curriculars: i have been lecturer and private tutor in financial accounting and corporate finance. Sorry for this long post, but I would really appreciate your advice

Posted from my mobile device

1. Very different profile : easier to stand out
2. Great CGPA : Works well
(though repute of college?)
3. GMAT on the lower side may compromise your chances at scholarship
4. Widen your basket.
5. R1 is ok, but with 20-30 points extra, R2 would be better

Feel free to connect with the most recommended counsellor on LinkedIn for a free personalised consultation
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Nichuta wrote:
Is 700 sufficient Gmat score to get into CBS for full-time MBA? I dont think I'll manage to get better score until R1 deadline, so would you advise to apply for R1 or retake Gmat and try for R2? I don't think I can improve score by more than 20 scores though, due to my busy work schedule especially in 4q. As for profile: I'm coming from Georgia, small country at the border of Europe and Asia, not state Georgia in US 😊. My GPA is 3.99. I have some international experience: started my career at EY Tbilisi office in assurance services, continued with financial consulting services at LSE premium listed Bank from Georgia. Then i became head of investor relations and funding at Investment holding company, led its IPO on LSE anf several large size bond placements on ISE. Therefore i was the primary contact for US and Uk investors and analysts on a daily basis. Currently I'm VP at local leading investment bank in M&A services. I'm 30 years old, female. At university i have been among top 3 students and was awarded an exchange program at Georgia State University, Atlanta. Extra curriculars: i have been lecturer and private tutor in financial accounting and corporate finance. Sorry for this long post, but I would really appreciate your advice

Hi Nichuta,

Hope this finds you well.

Considering your background, 700 is a decent score but if you are confident of adding another 30 points, you should look at R2.

Good luck!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
"Visit our Website for more free resources and absolutely anything and everything latest about MBA on MBA and Beyond

Hi, Nichuta,

Thanks for your post.

Your developing career is a strength of your resume, and your profile is quite outstanding. I want to let you know that top business schools look for a profile like this. Furthermore, your academic performance and GMAT score are both excellent. For instance, the middle 80% of CBS class falls between 650-720. Hence I don’t think you need to do much on the academic front as it’s quite robust already! About your work experience, your professional and personal experiences help to present a distinctive picture of you. You have made steady growth and made significant contributions to your organization. Being promoted to top managerial positions (VP) at such a young age is impressive. Furthermore, global exposure adds weight to an application; make sure to make the most of it.

Coming to your ECAs, you should go into more detail about Being a lecturer and private tutor. Like, what was the new skill-set explored, and how would you portray this experience linking it to your past experiences and self-growth? Your essays will heavily influence the selection process. Hence, it would be crucial for you to explain how you will contribute to the class. Therefore, you must emphasize your prior knowledge and leadership capabilities from your work experience and align them with the values of CBS. The point I’m trying to bring home is that B-schools judge candidates overall on their profiles. For instance, I suggest you go through our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of drafting exemplary ECAs essays!

All in all, you seem a highly productive and vivacious individual. CBS prefers individuals with brilliant intellect who have led or worked in teams during their high-performance careers. Just some minor changes here and there, and you could very well go ahead with the R1 application. Like, I feel your profile is still brief at some points; it would help if you could mention your post-MBA goals so that we can help align them with the school’s values! If you’d like, we’d be happy to get on a call with you at some point this week to go over your possibilities in a more detailed manner and could address your questions. We’ll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com"

Nichuta wrote:

Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
There are no "rounds" for CBS ... it has a rolling application review process, and it's only the Early Decision round or the January cohort that have late September deadlines. So unless I'm missing something, I think you should work on your GMAT as much as possible, retake it, and then apply at that point with your highest score. It sounds like you have a great story and much to offer. Be sure you address your lower-than-average GMAT (if you don't get it to close to the CBS incoming class's average) in the Additional Info field on the app and point to other things in your background that prove you can handle the analytical and quantitative aspects of the curriculum. I think if you can apply before early November that would be ideal, because the class does fill up.

Hope that helps!

Nichuta wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, I just wanted to share an update with you. I did EA, scored 160 and applied in early decision stage for CBS with EA. I got accepted this Monday🎉 I'm very excited, cause CBS has always been my top choice. So this is the end of my application story and thanks all for your support 😊

GMAT Club Bot