Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 273 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
Re: Apply with current score or retake GMAT? [#permalink]
FutureHFM wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm applying for the 2019 MS Finance intake and am debating whether I should retake the GMAT.

Current Score: 690 (Q:45, V:39, IR: 8/8, AWA: 5) I messed up big time on the quant part, took the test after a couple 80 hr weeks at work and working till 9 pm the night before test day. My average on practice tests was 49 for quant

TOEFL: 114/120

Work experience: ~ 8 months as an analyst at a REPE fund, will be 1.5 yrs when the fall semester starts

Undergrad: Upper second class honors at a decent (not top tier) German school

Preferred Unis: Warwick MS Finance, Imperial MS Finance, Bocconi MS Finance, LSE Real Estate Finance

My dilemma is that I need to finalize my applications asap but I still feel like I could improve my GMAT score, especially the quant part. I took the test around 6 months ago so I would probably need some time getting back into it. I have around 2 weeks off now, so I could pretty much spend most of my time studying and then take the test around 02/01/2019.

Should I retake the test or is my current score still sufficient for schools like Warwick etc. As I am already late in the application process I would prefer to finish all my applications by the beginning of January. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks for your time!

When applying for MFin, focus on your quant score, because that's what the adcoms look for.
I believe there's plenty of room for improvement in your quant score. But you need to know for sure how much you'll be able to do in 2 weeks.
Practice from GMATclub mocks, because you won't be able to do much in 2 weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Apply with current score or retake GMAT? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts