GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 14:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

Applying for a B School

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
Applying for a B School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 20:48
HI,

I am appearing or rather going to appear for GMAT in a month or so, just wanted to know if I should take the risk of applying to B schools right now or just skip this year's admission process altogether? I have a rather average CV and my aim for GMAT is 650, my country of choice is Singapore and around in the asia region. So to sum it up, should I take the plunge or not? Thanks.

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Applying for a B School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 10:15
Shbm wrote:
HI,

I am appearing or rather going to appear for GMAT in a month or so, just wanted to know if I should take the risk of applying to B schools right now or just skip this year's admission process altogether? I have a rather average CV and my aim for GMAT is 650, my country of choice is Singapore and around in the asia region. So to sum it up, should I take the plunge or not? Thanks.

I would advise you not to. You would be putting pressure on yourself to perform. Without your GMAT score, you'd be essentially applying blind. And since you seem to have a choice to skip the process this year. I'd say skip it.But, it's your call. If you are confident enough or not

Kudosity Killed the Kat, But I would not mind if you showed me some

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please give Kudos. Kudos encourage active discussions and help the community grow.

Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 19:22
Ohbebby wrote:
Shbm wrote:
HI,

I would advise you not to. You would be putting pressure on yourself to perform. Without your GMAT score, you'd be essentially applying blind. And since you seem to have a choice to skip the process this year. I'd say skip it.But, it's your call. If you are confident enough or not

Kudosity Killed the Kat, But I would not mind if you showed me some

I'll definitely skip applying this year unless my GMAT score turns out be quite high which seems unlikely as of now. Appreciate your response. Best of luck.

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

SVP
SVP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 23:46
Shbm wrote:
HI,

HELL TO THE NO. It's very difficult to build up momentum for an application you might not be qualified to submit. For this reason, I do not work with applicants who have not yet sorted their GRE/GMAT.
Also, this will give you more time to strive for 700+. To maximize ROI for this whole process it's best to go in with good stats and aim for top schools.
Take the GMAT so many times that you are sure there IS NOT ONE MORE POINT LEFT IN YOU.
Leave nothing on the table. If you want to stay in Singapore, INSEAD is the best school and you want 700+
Regardless of your GMAT score, you will need to do a quality job on your applications.
This requires researching yourself, your goals and your schools to do a good job on this.
It takes time. You cant slap some crap together the night before here and make any headway believe me.
This is a long journey - and you want to do your absolute best at every stage to get a good chance of achieving an acceptance.
INSEAD is a huge application in particular - give yourself 2 months to complete it and more if you work a lot of hours or plan to submit a lot of other apps in R2.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Applying for a B School &nbs [#permalink] 03 Nov 2018, 23:46

Applying for a B School

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: DigitsnLetters

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap