GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Applying for Round 4

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Applying for Round 4  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 10:47
My Profile is as follows:

Indian Male

Xth : 60%
XII : 64%
Education : Btech in Mechanical engineering) from Dr APJ Abdul kalam university 64%
GMAT : yet to be taken (scheduled on 24th)
IELTS: yet to be scheduled.

Work Ex : working as Assistant Section officer in Central Government from 2012 to till date i.e. 6+ years of core experience in Government

Previous Experience : Worked as Sr Executive Projects with Godrej Aug 2008 to Dec 2009

I can manage 2 recommendations from the top brass of the Indian bureaucracy with whom I have worked with

Extra curricular : Did theater, our group won 1st prize in Production in current year. Poet (have won few prizes in our Ministry)

About myself : Dynamic, Team Player, Empathetic

What are my chances at Rottman??
Also I would like to know what are my weak points in profile on which I can work upon.

PS: Though round 4 is not for international students but I was told that they may consider if i am not looking for scholarship
Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V49
Re: Applying for Round 4  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 11:11
bhavyamehrortra wrote:

Indian Male

Education : Btech in Mechanical engineering) from Dr APJ Abdul kalam university 64%

Work Ex : working as Assistant Section officer in Central Government from 2012 to till date i.e. 6+ years of core experience in Government

Previous Experience : Worked as Sr Executive Projects with Godrej Aug 2008 to Dec 2009

I can manage 2 recommendations from the top brass of the Indian bureaucracy with whom I have worked with

Extra curricular : Did theater, our group won 1st prize in Production in current year. Poet (have won few prizes in our Ministry)

Also I would like to know what are my weak points in profile on which I can work upon.

PS: Though round 4 is not for international students but I was told that they may consider if i am not looking for scholarship
Thanks

Per my opinion you're underprepared for the application. Your grades and experience is.only one part of.the application. You do realise that it takes around a month's time for the release of your official score, which would then be forwarded to Rotman.

Per my opinion, it would be wise to hold off this year and apply next year rather than apply this year (considering the high risk of rejection from submitting a hurried application)

Every profile has a "weak" point , what matters more is how "strong" is your story and displaying your thought process on why you think a Rotman MBA would be the right fit for you.

Plus you are also taking the student visa process for granted. Trust me, there have been quite a few instances this year where a student visa was denied.

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 06:11
OMG bhavyamehrortra do not waste your time on this. Agree 100% with poster below. Also R4 is suicide for ORMs. Even R3 is too late really; Indians should focus on Early Acceptance schools/rounds. If you are hell bent on doing this sooner than later look at Ivey where they start in March; maybe European schools with Jan batch but still, this test taking business might not be exactly add water and stir. For many it becomes a black hole. EARLY IN CYCLE is my message for you. Fall is probably best unless Ivey/European schools and CBS J-term if 1) you get a stellar GMAT way above the class average and 2.) you don't need an internship.

There is a long shot for later rounds at Warwick & Imperial for Sept batch. See here https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2019/04/03/what-now-options-for-bummed-out-round-2-applicants/

bhavyamehrortra wrote:

Indian Male

Thanks

S

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 05:21
bhavyamehrortra wrote:

Indian Male

Thanks

Hello bhavyamehrortra,

We agree with each of the responses provided to you by the Experts.

Frankly, Rotman has been extremely competitive this year and with you being so late in the day (in every sense of the term), you have practically no chance at cracking it.

It makes a lot more sense for you to apply to Rotman next year when you are better prepared.

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 05:50
Is this related to intl students opting for Canada over the US, do you think?

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Re: Applying for Round 4   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2019, 05:50

Applying for Round 4

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Karr32