GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Are veritas CAT's faulty?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Are veritas CAT's faulty?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 14:31
Dear Veritas Experts,

I have take 4 of your CAT's up till now with scores of 670, 680 680 and 710 two days ago.

I was really happy with the 710 but was very surprised when I saw the score breakdown. My quant scaled score was 51 even though I got on 45% of the questions correct. I called in earlier and someone on the help line directed me to a blog post about how the number of questions we answers correctly doesn't have a correlation to the score you achieve in a section. The highest quant section score I had achieved was 48 and that was with answering 67% correctly, so it seems odd that I could get more than half wrong and still get such a high score.

I was wondering if any of the experts could explain whether there was a mistake with the algorithm for this test or whether it is actually possible to achieve such a score.

For reference my scores and breakdowns on Veritas are as follows.

670 Q 45 V 37

680 Q 46 V36

680 Q 48 V36

710 V 51 Q 36

Thank you in advance for your help
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Are veritas CAT's faulty?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 08:13
yousefa wrote:
Dear Veritas Experts,

I have take 4 of your CAT's up till now with scores of 670, 680 680 and 710 two days ago.

I was really happy with the 710 but was very surprised when I saw the score breakdown. My quant scaled score was 51 even though I got on 45% of the questions correct. I called in earlier and someone on the help line directed me to a blog post about how the number of questions we answers correctly doesn't have a correlation to the score you achieve in a section. The highest quant section score I had achieved was 48 and that was with answering 67% correctly, so it seems odd that I could get more than half wrong and still get such a high score.

I was wondering if any of the experts could explain whether there was a mistake with the algorithm for this test or whether it is actually possible to achieve such a score.

For reference my scores and breakdowns on Veritas are as follows.

670 Q 45 V 37

680 Q 46 V36

680 Q 48 V36

710 V 51 Q 36

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi
Though I am not a Veritasprep expert, this is my take on this subject. It is true that the score doesn't only depend on the number of questions right or wrong but on the number of higher level of questions right or wrong. The actual Gmat scoring algorithm is very complicated and no prep companies can exactly match it. But the closest ones considered are MGMAT and Veritasprep so you can rest assured. For more clarity on your preparedness, appear for a Gmatprep test and check. Hope it helps.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

GMAT Club Bot
Are veritas CAT's faulty? &nbs [#permalink] 26 Sep 2018, 08:13

Are veritas CAT's faulty?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap