Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Also, thanks for you contact info. I’ll reach out to you soon! :) HAve a great day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
I am a first generation entrepreneur with 8-9years of entrepreneurial experience. I commenced my business with limited funds and faced a lot of struggles, along the way.

I have completed Bachelors of Pharmacy from Rajiv Gandhi Technical University India,NAAC grade is A .But not well know
( Does Undergrade college matter? How to overcome this if it does? )

I am currently residing in India. I scored 65.3% in my undergrad(Bachelors of Pharmacy)

Low GPA

760 GMAT score, 8 years experience of entrepreneurship, how does this compare with a consulting job, with big brand names?

Originally posted by RamN on 14 Jun 2021, 10:27.
Last edited by RamN on 14 Jun 2021, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
vishu9408 wrote:
Profile Evaluation MBA

Background and nationality:
Indian Male Engineer

Undergrad Information:
- B.Tech in Mining Engineering from NIT, Rourkela ( a Tier I college, among Top 20 universities of India )
- CGPA - 8.8/10

GMAT: Didn’t take it yet

Work experience and leadership:
A) 5 Years in Tata Steel: 3 years as Operations Manager and 2 years as Senior Program Manager. Youngest to be promoted to this role.
- Led Multiple teams and large scale transformation programs in a 110 year old division:
a) Led a team of 130+ workforce
b) Led 20+ cross functional managers to drive digital and agile transformation programs
c) Reverse Mentored General Manager and led multiple cost reduction programs with signficant savings
d) Formulated business plans and long terms strategies for the division

B) Now working as a Social Impact Consultant with the government to transform primary education system of the state - impacting 1.5 Million students and 50K teachers, leading the Program Management Unit handling a $15M project.

Community and others:
1. Changemaker in a global non- profit striving to achieve SDG 4. Led a cross cultural team and won a global hackathon.
2. Consultant to a non-profit and implemented an education excellence program in 50 schools impacting 2500 children.

Certifications:
CFA Level 2, Post Graduate Cert. in Data Science, Product Management Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt

Post MBA goals:
Want to work in the global social impact space as a consultant in the short term and start my own social enterprise to solve school to work transition problem in India.

Hi vishu9408,
    Great profile with a lot of growth, responsibility and leadership! Committees will like to hear about the successes, failures and challenges in these situations.
    Your actions support your goals - they will see how you are leveraging your past experience to make an impact, will see need for MBA and the MBA community/peers to grow even more.
    Obviously GSB and Haas will be easy Social Impact choices, HBS for Leadership; Duke, Ross, Yale, Oxford all great schools with a reach into social impact. 700+ for these schools on GMAT.
Happy to chat offline as well about other options, JeniferT@ARINGO.com
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32951 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, We have around 30 more minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly

omkarkhanvilkar wrote:
1. Xth=94%; XIIth= 88%
2. B.Tech in Chemical Engineering- 2018 batch- 78% overall- Tier 2 Government college
3. GMAT- 740
4. College internship with India based MNC in field of Energy and Environment- got absorbed after internship
5. Working with previously mentioned organization since 2018 ( 2 years, 10 months) as Business Manager for East Asia. Managing a business of 2M USD. Involved in various intiatives like ERP overhaul, HR initiatives, Analytics and Digitalization initiatives
6. Have been working with a NGO as a Public speaking facilitator for government schools for past 2 years. Average 150 hours anually engagement
7. Multiple prizes won in state and national level competitions for Public speaking and Research presentation. Started a state level event that still happens anually. Led a team of 40 people for the organization of an international MUN conference.
8. Good social and peoples skills. Skill set fitting for consultancy profiles. Wish to work as business consultant for companies in Chemicals and Pharmaceutical sector
9. Target schools: HEC Paris, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, IE, IESE, ESADE. Aim to settle in Europe, preferably UK or France
Next

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 14 Jun 2021, 10:31.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 14 Jun 2021, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Mine is not yet answered yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
I started a business(Digital printing) during my bachelors (just after 2nd semster) in 2018,
I employ 7-8 people,its been running well for last 3 years now ,i graduated in 2020 (CGPA 8.28/10).
Will my Work ex during bachelors be considered? i am aiming for top 20-35 Universities worldwide.I am 22.
Gmat 720. I am resposible for hiring employess to filing tax returns (in short everything required).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you so much Jenifer. Will definitely connect with you shortly ! :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
omkarkhanvilkar wrote:
1. Xth=94%; XIIth= 88%
2. B.Tech in Chemical Engineering- 2018 batch- 78% overall- Tier 2 Government college
3. GMAT- 740
4. College internship with India based MNC in field of Energy and Environment- got absorbed after internship
5. Working with previously mentioned organization since 2018 ( 2 years, 10 months) as Business Manager for East Asia. Managing a business of 2M USD. Involved in various intiatives like ERP overhaul, HR initiatives, Analytics and Digitalization initiatives
6. Have been working with a NGO as a Public speaking facilitator for government schools for past 2 years. Average 150 hours anually engagement
7. Multiple prizes won in state and national level competitions for Public speaking and Research presentation. Started a state level event that still happens anually. Led a team of 40 people for the organization of an international MUN conference.
8. Good social and peoples skills. Skill set fitting for consultancy profiles. Wish to work as business consultant for companies in Chemicals and Pharmaceutical sector
9. Target schools: HEC Paris, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, IE, IESE, ESADE. Aim to settle in Europe, preferably UK or France

HI omkarkhanvilkar,
    Academics – good, be sure to share any EC’s during school

GMAT - great score, especially for your school list, with strong applications, should yield scholarships

Extracurricular activities - public speaking with NGO is fantastic, you can relate it to case competitions during MBA and leading orgs

Work Experience - sounds like solid experience, be sure to talk about the impact of these projects, your role and what you accomplished - quantify this for the committees

School wish list – HEC Paris, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, IE, IESE, ESADE - Profile is a good fit, academics are in order and you have a good shot at these schools, with a solid application (maybe with help from ARINGO ;) ) they are target and safety schools.
We’d love to help you craft your applications - JeniferT@ARINGO.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Thank you so much for the evaluation and comments Jenifer. would love to work with Aringo :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Kudos
Hi! Sharing my profile:
•GMAT: 630 (Giving the test once again in 1-2 months)
•Nationality: Indian Female
•Work experience: 6 years
•Role: Program Manager, Microsoft
•Under Grad: BE Computer Science 75% (top 10%)
•12th: 94%; 10th: 95%
•Work: Develop products, work closely with customers, organize and moderate various customer and employee programs.
•Target: Wharton, Columbia, Ross, Yale, Chicago Booth, Kellog, UCLA, Tuck, Fuqua, Cornell, USC Marshall.
•Short term goal : Progress further in product management and eventually transition to a leadership/managerial role.
Send PM
Expert Reply
karakootildasan wrote:
Background: Indian, Male 27 years old.

GMAT: Preparing. Hoping to end up within 740 range within the next two months.

B.Tech : 73.2% (3.2/7.8 GPA)

Extra curriculars during graduation: Head of a quizzing community, Played football for my college team, Curated a TEDx Independent event, Participated and won events across colleges for quizzing and electronics based competitions.

Work Exp:

2015 December to present: Tech consulting at Big 4. Mainly coding for UI/UX design along with design decisions. Got promoted twice in 5 years. Currently into technical project management with multiple leadership and extracurricular roles during the tenure. Have not travelled internationally for work, but have worked with teams across the globe (China, Ukraine, Australia, UK and USA). Have travelled across the country for work.

I’m also a professional musician whos band has performed across festivals and venues such as hard rock cafe etc over the country. Our original compositions are reviewed by magazines and available in digital streaming platforms. I’m also having a solo classical music career.

Extra Curriculars: Music as mentioned above, been part of music communities as well as conducted events in my company. I play football for my company team and my alumni team. Volunteered for cancer societies especially with respect to donation of hair for wig making. I have grown and donated my hair for this cause.

Short and long term MBA Goal: Move into product management at a tech company. I have worked in UI/UX, project management as well as product design (during startup days) and would like to go down this path.

Schools Targeted: INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge, ISB , Oxford.

Hi karakootildasan,
    Academics sound good, GMAT 740 would be great

Extracurricular activities - these are great ways for a committee to see how you would fit in with the cohort, think about how these translate to the events and orgs that the MBA programs have

Work Experience - international tech consulting is great
School list: INSEAD is going to be looking for international experience prior to application - have you traveled, work outside of India? This will be very important to highlight. All else aligned with your School list. Can consider HEC Paris as well.

School wish list –
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are getting short of time but still left with a lot of evaluations requests :(

coffeeanddonuts wrote:
Background and nationality: dual citizen - US/UK - currently in the US
Undergrad Information: BS in Mechanical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University - GPA 3.1
GRE: 164 Verbal, 167 Quant, 5 AWA
Work experience and Leadership: 3 years in the technology and data science side at a financial firm
Community and others: Programming coach for a club at Girls Who Code, job client search volunteer for a charity that assists people in need, college mentor for high school students
Post MBA goals: transition to leadership roles in the analytics/quantitative space
Considering schools such as Kellogg, Ross, and NYU Stern
Up next
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks Jenifer! Will contact you further down the line :)
Hi -
•GMAT: 740 (current mocks - gmat next week)
•Nationality: Indian Male
•Work experience: 2 years (3 years at the time of matriculation)
•Role: Software Developer, Deutsche Bank
•Under Grad: BE Computer Science 8.8
•12th: 94%(top 1 percentile in 15 lakh pool) ; 10th: 92%
•Work: Develop chatbot and automated software distribution for 80k employees
•Target: Harvard, Columbia, Kellog, UCLA, Tuck, Fuqua, Cornell,Darden,LBS, Oxford
•Short term goal : Product Manager in Big Tech
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Still 10+ evaluations request are pending, we will try to cover up as maximum as possible, I request the members whom request didn’t get answered to please join us tomorrow, we will be having three different MBA experts with us answering your questions.

nishant123454321 wrote:
Profile Evaluation for MBA 2022 Intake-
GMAT: 690
•Nationality: Indian male
•Work experience: 5.5 years (Project management consultant to Unilever; Managing Global FMCG Projects; International on site experience – USA, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland.
•Role-Function: Deputy Project Manager – FMCG Supply Chain (2 promotions in last 5 years) – worked for global brands such as Dove, Rexona, Axe, Corte d’or etc.
•Other certification: Lean six sigma black belt.
• Undergrad: 8.33 CGPA in Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering; (University of Mumbai)
•12th: 80%; 10th: 88%
•Recommendation letters: I will be getting them from my Head-PMO; I can also get it from my client Unilever.
•Extracurricular: Hosted many events in Undergrad, participated in international Go-Kart competition – Go-Kart manufacturing and racing; Musician (Guitarist), Filmmaker – Had my short-film screened at Puri Film Festival.
•Social Service: 2 years at NSS (National Service Scheme); 2 years of work-ex as Chief Management Officer at an Indian-NGO.
•Publications: 2 research papers in International Journals.
Target: ISB, HEC Paris, LBS, Mannheim, WHU (Germany)
Up next

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 14 Jun 2021, 10:52.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 14 Jun 2021, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Mine is also pending
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Still 10+ evaluations request are pending, we will try to cover up as maximum as possible, I request the members whom request didn’t get answered to please join us tomorrow, we will be having three different MBA experts with us answering your questions. For more details please see the chat schedule on the right panel
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62  ...  75