It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 07:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask for cambridge admission

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Ask for cambridge admission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2017, 05:05
Greeting every body
my name is Prisca and I want to apply for cambridge MBA Next year. But I am worry about my GPA and my undergraduate education.
1) GPA
I have a french bacheIor with a 13.15/20. But Cambridge requires a 2.1 degree or 3,3 GPA . According to NARIC French bachelor with 13, 10/20 is a 2.1 degree. But I heart that Cambridge requires 14/20 for french diplôme for the For master in finance . In this case French bachelor ( licence) with a 14/20 is équivalent to 2.1 . So may be my GPA is under the minimum GPA for Cambridge . I don't know if i can apply ? What minimum GMAT score could strengthen my application?
2) School education
I went to French university with a national program. Every year we must study 4 courses by year and we pass the national exam . After 3 years , we complete the 13 courses and France delivers us the Licence ( bachelor 180 ECTS ) . The name of my university is not on my transcript because it is a national diplômas. But the transcript shows the name of the French academy where examinations are passed and the attestation of France. It is different of US and UK system. Is this a problem for admission? I plan to ask for NARIC statement of comparability . Will it be enough to apply?
Thank you very much
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Erasmus '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8
Re: Ask for cambridge admission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2017, 06:10
Hi there,

First of all, a lower than required GPA does not mean an automatic rejection to applicants. Cambridge and any other top universities are 'holistic' in evaluating their applicants. Higher than their median GMAT score will sort of compensate a lower than required GPA (I would say around 730 for Cambridge) as it shows that you have what is necessary to follow their academic rigour. However, top universities tend to require a good explanation on lacklustre performances during bachelor years (I suggest that you be open about it, no offense , but for example if its due to laziness or immaturity its better to be straightforward about it and explain how you have matured, etc.

A good CV, extracurricular activities and recommendation letters will definitely help you on compensating any shortcomings. An excellent essay is required to makes you stands out among other applicants.

Regarding your concern on your diploma, Cambridge will ask for your transcript and they will look into the name of the academy where you have obtained your diploma. I am sure they can assess based on the academic transcript that you have obtained and on the different practice as compared in US or UK, you may perhaps provide an explanation to the admission officer in case he/she need explanation.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Ask for cambridge admission   [#permalink] 05 May 2017, 06:10

Ask for cambridge admission

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap