It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 11:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview??

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 18:24
Hello all,

I was recently admitted to one of my top schools which in turn will be having Admit student weekend on a Friday.

The same Friday, I am scheduled to interview with my stretch school (honestly didn't expect an interview but excited to have one)

My dilemma, is should I try to attend the admit weekend or reschedule the interview (which may or may not be viewed as a negative in my application)
With both schools in the mix, I don't have a clear cut favorite at the moment.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
2 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
P
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 18:40
This post received
KUDOS
Bloomberg wrote:
Hello all,

I was recently admitted to one of my top schools which in turn will be having Admit student weekend on a Friday.

The same Friday, I am scheduled to interview with my stretch school (honestly didn't expect an interview but excited to have one)

My dilemma, is should I try to attend the admit weekend or reschedule the interview (which may or may not be viewed as a negative in my application)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing to think about here really. Admit weekend at schools such as BYU and Simon can fetch you some serious money.

RESCHEDULE your interview.
But make sure you give them a legit reason without telling them about the admit weekend off course.
DO not lie. Just tell them you have some other professional commitments.

Rescheduling doesn't hurt your application, provided you don't ask to reschedule like 24 hours before actual interview.

All the best
Stone

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA

Stone Cold's Mock Tests for Quantitate(700+)

1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
S
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Re: Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 21:48
This post received
KUDOS
stonecold wrote:
Bloomberg wrote:
Hello all,

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing to think about here really. Admit weekend at schools such as BYU and Simon can fetch you some serious money.

RESCHEDULE your interview.
But make sure you give them a legit reason without telling them about the admit weekend off course.
DO not lie. Just tell them you have some other professional commitments.

Rescheduling doesn't hurt your application, provided you don't ask to reschedule like 24 hours before actual interview.

All the best
Stone

Fully in agreement with Stonecold..
That said, also do some serious research and proactive work for the admit weekend to earn yourself the money, else the admit weekend becomes just a social event.

Rescheduling your interview at the earliest possible does NOT hurt you. The sooner you can do it the better... but playing a little more cautious, I would say 3-4 days before the interview date is even better, more than that ideal.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)
Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Out of India? Add me to your Aim/GChat account and talk for FREE over the internet
Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 19:14
Nothing wrong with rescheduling with a reasonable amount of lead time. Also, not sure when you're scheduled for your interview but you may be able to do both in fly in a bit later in the day if your interview is in the morning

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview??   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2018, 19:14

Attend Admit Weekend or Another School Interview??

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap