It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 05:25

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Awards/Achievements Mandatory Section...What can be used?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Awards/Achievements Mandatory Section...What can be used? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 08:02
Going through the application and noticed a mandatory section for placing awards and achievements. "Honors, Awards, and Achievements. Include academic and nonacademic recognition. Describe the basis of selection for each. "

Personally, I don't have any official awards. My positions have been at startups or midsize firms that do not have official recognition awards, and my college GPA was meh (never on a 'Deans List' or anything like that). The closest thing is at my current position I was recognized as the hardest working for that month. It wasn't an official award. Just a little clap and gift card. I've had an impact in all my roles, but I never received any form of official recognition (like an award or letter). Most of my volunteer experience has been helping out, and not in a leadership capacity. I've held leadership roles in college, but I never received an official award based on accomplishments...

I can't be the only person in this position. From my experience, awards aren't a thing unless you work for a large corporation. What do most people do in my situation?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Awards/Achievements Mandatory Section...What can be used? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 20:25
greatmightypoo wrote:
Going through the application and noticed a mandatory section for placing awards and achievements. "Honors, Awards, and Achievements. Include academic and nonacademic recognition. Describe the basis of selection for each. "

Personally, I don't have any official awards. My positions have been at startups or midsize firms that do not have official recognition awards, and my college GPA was meh (never on a 'Deans List' or anything like that). The closest thing is at my current position I was recognized as the hardest working for that month. It wasn't an official award. Just a little clap and gift card. I've had an impact in all my roles, but I never received any form of official recognition (like an award or letter). Most of my volunteer experience has been helping out, and not in a leadership capacity. I've held leadership roles in college, but I never received an official award based on accomplishments...

I can't be the only person in this position. From my experience, awards aren't a thing unless you work for a large corporation. What do most people do in my situation?

I would like to emphasize that the Consortium is looking at many things within your application when considering your membership for a Fellowship. I would say that the greatest amount of time should be spent on showing the Consortium how you have contributed to the Mission Statement. Having one or two things on this section vs. someone who has 5-6 won't be the reason why you do or don't get into the Consortium. Focus on proving to the Consortium how you have historically proven their mission, how you will prove their mission while at school, and what you will do after graduation.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Awards/Achievements Mandatory Section...What can be used?   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2017, 20:25

Awards/Achievements Mandatory Section...What can be used?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap