Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:02

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hello, I had my interview with Alia Massoud which lasted for 20 minutes. The questions were all behavioral. 1) walk me through your resume and tell me something about myself 2) What has been your professional accomplishment 3) What criticism have you received? 4) Tell me your strengths and weaknesses 5) What would you do if someone in your team is not working properly? 6) Any situation where you had to exhibit leadership? 7) some details about my business 8)What all schools have I applied to and on what basis will you choose if accepted to all of them? 9) Who will fund your MBA ? Last 5 min I asked few questions. All the best everyone"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 12, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"-Walk me through your resume -Short and long term goals -Other schools I applied and how would I choose if I get into all of them -example of leadership I had -how about my quant background -example of my day to day -courses and activities I would like to get involved. Last 5 minutes I asked questions."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 12, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview lasted for 30 minutes. Short term and long term goals How I will fund How Iam planning to manage kids while undergoing the program Leadership experience Few more questions of general nature"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 11, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"A 30 min interview with adcom: questions might be out of order. I had trouble with initial platform so they were kind and flexible to change it into more easy-to-handle one. Q1: if you have mentioned entrepreneurship in your essay as short or long term goals, expect a lot of elaboration on it which looks logical in my mind. Q2: leadeship style and experinces in your professional life. Q3: if you have mentioned sth in your optional essay, you have to discuss it in further details. I mean, they truely are informed of your apllication components. Q3: kind of joob market you are targeting and where you wanna start after graduation in terms of location and plans. Q4: leadership opportunties and experinces. Q5: Why MBA? why now? why here at babson? Q6: How do you expect babson to help you reach your potentials and meet career goals? Q7: in case you mentioned apllying t other schools: what are two things that keeps you attracted to Babson, in case you got admitted to all the schools you applied for? (bring solid reasons and in case you chose Babson on purpose, there are a lot to mention). Q9: a lot of interest in current role and what you like or don’t like about your current job. Q10: how do you keep people motivated under your supervision. Q11: what questions do you have for me? and ending remarks, like time to release decision and how you’’ll be updated about decision. The adcom was really welcoming, polite, well-aware of your profile and only targeting those spots in your application that they need more elaboration on. so, walk me through your resume style questions are not expected. be ready, for a friendly talk about what got you there to Babson’s doorstep."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 11, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview yesterday These are the questions: Tell me about your current role? How did you get into this current role? What is your leadership style? And has it evolved? Why MBA? Why now? How well have prepared for the Academic Rigour of the MBA program? What are your short-term and long-term goals? How does Babson help you to achieve your goals? What would your colleagues say the two top skills that you possess? What role do you tend to take in a team when you are not leading the team? What is the recent constructive feedback you received from your manager? What are the other schools that you have applied to? If accepted by all the schools, what are the two deciding factors to pick a school?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 27, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"With Adcom member( Alia Macadam) / Resume based/ Time- 30-25 mins. She introduced herself in brief. I guess she had list of questions but at the same time she asked f/u questions. Questions:- 1) Tell me about yourself 2) What is your greatest achievements? 3) What is your leadership style? 4) Tell me about the time when you motivated your team members 5) Short term/ Long term goals? 6) How have you prepared yourself for rigorous curriculum of MBA ? What will you do if you face any problem during your studies? 7) F/U question based on previous answer. 8) How will you finance your MBA? 9) Which other schools have you applied and how will you choose if get admitted ? 10) What do you do in free time other than work? 11) Any question for her? Had some problem with internet connection from her side so she switched off video afterwards, so I was unable to see her expressions or reactions."
smilie1708
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 20, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"It was a two-way interview. It was around 20-30 minutes. The questions I was asked were:- 1. Introduce yourself 2. Long term short term goals 3. How did you respond to feedback from manager 4. An innovative idea at workplace which you implemented which worked 5. Which other colleges are you applying to 6. Which among these will you choose (Follow-up question to Q5.) 7. How will you finance your MBA 8. An innovative idea which you implemented which failed 9. Tell me about your hobbies 10. Any questions you want to ask the admission committee."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 20, 19
Interviewed on:
Feb 3, 19
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Walk me through your resume gaps between after collage and after oct 2015. why MBA, Why Now, short term and long term goals Why Babson any questions"
4.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 20, 19
Interviewed on:
Mar 24, 13
Final Decision:
Admitted
"1. Introduce yourself 2. Tel us 3 key learnings from your work experience. 3. Why MBA? 4. Why do you want to do MBA at this stage in your life/ career? 5. One reason that we should not select you? 6. What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 7. Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it? 8. What are your greatest strengths? Give examples 9. What are your weaknesses? Give examples 10. What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date? 11. Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do youdo poetry (or any other activity” may be asked. 12. What extra-curricular activities or Student Clubs at Babson you would like to be a part of? 13. Do you have any questions for us? What I have noticed during the interview is that you will be asked about your strengths and weaknesses in different ways such as: a. What do you bring to the class of 2013 and how would you contribute to make it a better place? b. What are your strengths and weaknesses? c. What qualities of you can make Babson a better place? d. Have you faced any difficult situation in your profession and how did you overcome that? e. Babson is known for entrepreneurship? What qualities you think can make you a better entrepreneur? All the above questions were asked by the interviewer during my interview. I thought it was one of the most grilling interviews I have ever faced because the interviewer was testing me back and forth on my strengths and weaknesses. Even my ISB and Duke interviews were easier than this."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 21, 13
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my Babson interview yesterday. I did it in person. The interviewer was 2nd year Full time MBA student. Overall, the interview experience was very warm and conversational. As many have said here before, the interviewer had list of questions and was writing down my answers. Apart from questions mentioned by @dc515, I was asked "what do I expect from my team members during MBA studies" Most of the schools ask "what will you bring to the MBA class" so in my opinion the question Babson interviewer asked was unique. He also asked "what entrepreneurship means to me"."
United States
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 21, 13
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview is just a part of your application so I think it is important to get clarification on the missing components. My interview went smooth and lasted for about 45minutes. It was conversational with mostly routine questions about goals, why babson etc. However there were some specific to work experience and entrepreneurial attitude."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 29, 12
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Here are some more questions in addition to the ones specified in other debriefs. They also asked me about a time I took a risk. But here are additional ones: What would you do outside the classroom if you came to Babson? Tell me what you do outside the classroom now? Your hobbies and how they relate to what you do professionally... My interview went strictly by that script (4 pages - 3 questions on each page with room to take notes underneath) and in some answers the interviewer said "Oh, I guess you answered this one, so let's move to the next one." The interview lasted 45 minutes counting the 2 questions I had in the end."
Investinginmyself
United States
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 27, 12
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"just had my interview with Babson a few days ago with a current student. very conversational. was able to get student's feedback about program throughout the interview as well. Overall one of the more comfortable interviews I've had. Lasted about an hour but we spent a lot of time talking about the program and her experience also. Apparently there is a script of Qs that they follow but the interviewer seemed every adamant about finishing within the one hour time slot and leaving room for Q&A. So my impression is to not spend too much time on any specific question. Want to post some of the questions I was asked hoping it will help prospective applicants/interviewees as these forums were very valuable in preparing me for interview. Just passing it forward and hope others will do the same. Good luck everyone. (NOT in any specific order) - Why Babson - Why MBA, Why Now - Give Example of good/bad teamwork - Short term goals, how does it transition to your LT goals - Team work setting you like and hate the most - What would you want to be remembered as - What are you passionate about - Any other things you do outside of class - Tell me of a time you have taken a risk - Tell me of a time that you have acted entrepreneurally - If a team member was not contributing what would you do - What would you say are your three strengths/three things you would like to improve - Which other schools have you applied to - Walk me through your resume. - Babson is about teamwork, so please tell me about the best and worst team experiences you had. - A time you worked in a team, what did you learn about yourself? -Types of people who you can't get along with. (was surprised to be asked this question, not sure if I answered well) As for the two questions that InvestingInMyself was referring to, I believe he just meant in addition to my preceding post. Some tips that I can suggest based on my interview experience. Now that I am looking back as to where I could have probably improved. 1-As mentioned on my previous post, my interviewer seem very determined to finish within the one hour time slot (including Q&A). Time your responses to general questions such as tell me about yourself and run me through your resume so that you do not spend too much time looking like a script (like I probably did.) Since they are writing your response down, do not bombard them with too much as I doubt they can write down everything you say, only key points. 2-Don't talk too fast. I say this because a few times the interviewer will ask me a question and as I am prepared to answer, she is writing down my response from the previous question. I would usually wait for her to finish and then continue. This also gave me time to process the question and think of a more appropriate response. She also appreciated the consideration. 3- I would say the most important thing to keep in mind is to not look at it as an interview. It may sound like a typical response but I believe it is important to consider. The interviewer is another person who has gone through the same interview experience as you a year ago. Try to have him/her relate to you and your situation, let them speak for you when they write their responses to the admissions. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with a current student and he introduced me to an interviewer who also happened to be on lunch break. My takeaway from our conversation was "the interview is to get to know you better. To put a personality to the application. To see if you will fit into the class culture and most importantly, will your classmates want to hang out with you." I hope this helps. Sorry if my response was a bit lengthy. Best of luck."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 12
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I'm Asian, female, 25, 3.5 WE with my undergrad concentration in accounting. I'd been an auditor at Big4 for 3 years. I got a CPA license and currently work for my family business. As I believe it might be beneficial for others who will have interviews later, I'm going to share my interview experience here. Had an interview on Feb 2 with the second-year student. I scheduled for a 10 am slot but my interviewer asked to postpone since he had another Babson event that time. So we had an interview at noon (which is midnight in my country). He was very friendly. The interview was very relaxed. But during the first question (walkthrough resume) I was nervous that I forgot to mention about my working experience at my own company. Then I realized that when I answered the ST,LT goal questions and told the interviewer about it.the interviewer said he got a list of questions that he needed to ask me. These are the questions I can remember. 1. Walkthrough resume 2. ST LT goal 3. Why MBA, Why now 4. WHy Babson and have you applied for other schools and where? 5. Tell me about your leadership and teamwork experiences 6. What kind of leader are you? 7. What three strengths you think you have the most? 8. Have you run into any opportunities that might come in your way? Please give some examples? 9. What are you passionate about? 10. Any questions you may want to ask? That's about it, I guess. It was a thirty-minute interview. Before we ran to the last two questions, my interviewer said I could provide a very concise answer, spent only 1 min while others may spend 3-4 mins, and he appreciated that. (But later I wasn't sure if that was ok cuz I felt like i should have talked a bit more) Hope this helps."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 14, 15
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hello One of you asked me my interview experience, I think its better to post here as others also get to benefit from it. My interview was in mid November, so I don't recall much. Here is what I recall: It was a blind interview, meaning the interviewer had not read my essays and was a second year student. 1. It started with my introduction and why I made specific career choices. Specifically why I chose to pursue a particular degree during bachelors and why I chose my job. 2. An obvious next question was Why MBA, goals post MBA. 3. Why Babson, How will I contribute to Babson? 4. Briefly tell about work experience 5. What is my definition of Leadership. 6. What will I do if I don't get a job at the US post MBA? 7. Anything else I want to tell to Admissions committee which wasn't covered during the interview. They have a large number of questions and they expect crisp answers as they need to finish off within some 40-45 mins. All The very Best!!"
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 18, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview is pretty straight forward. You can expect questions around these topics - Why MBA? Why Babson, why now? Couple of questions around leadership and your role in teams? Some behavioral questions around - strengths, weakness, description in 1 word, etc! Hope this helps."
United States
Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Jan 19, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was pretty straight forward. I got interviewed with a 2nd year student. Some of the questions that I remember: a) Walk me through your Resume? b) One of the projects where you failed? d) What are the qualities of a leader? e) What are the key learning from your professional experience? f) Why MBA? Why Babson? g) Clubs that you will enroll in Babson? h) How do your peers describe you? Your Friends? Your Boss i) What are your weaknesses? j) How have you handled a situation of conflict between two team members in a team?"
India
1-Year MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 7, 19
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I just finish my interview on Skype with an adcom, would like to share my interview as it might be useful for others, total 25 mins Questions: 1. Can you introduce yourself a bit 2. Can you go through your work experience in your resume 3. As I told her I work in retail business then move to e-commerce company, she followed up with, what do you think is the major challenge and the difference between retail and online business? 4. Tell me about your family business that you mentioned in your essay, what and how were you involved? 5. What are you future goals 6. Why do you choose your program (1 year MBA) 7. Why Babson? and how will Babson MBA help you? 8. How many programs have you applied to? and what will you choose if u get admit to all of your choices? Any questions for me? Good luck everyone!"
3 years
Thailand
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 19
Interviewed on:
Feb 4, 19
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"My interview was on Skype with a First Year student. Lasted 30 minutes. Very conversational. Here are the questions: 1. Walk me through your resume. Focus on work experience. Current job responsibilities. Company structure/details. Detailed questions about my work experience & projects. 2. Why Babson? What makes Babson unique to you specifically? 3. Why MBA? Why now? 4. Why chosen concentration? 5. Toughest feedback (read constructive criticism) received by peers and managers? 6. Short-term & Long-term goals? How do you plan to get there? 7. Reflection on your GMAT? (My GMAT score is low) Prove your quant abilities. Anything else you've done for quant? Write an update letter soon. 8. What makes you different? 9. Any questions?"
6 years
India
Debrief posted on  Nov 6, 18
Interviewed on:
Sep 12, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was asked how i landed my current job and status then he asked about a project that i had mentioned in my cv . and asked my role in it and the result . then he asked about the financial and quantitative analysis done by me when i start a project. 3. he asked be about a weakness that was mentioned by my seniors .(this part was really tricky) and was it true or not. 4. THEN he asked what i would bring to the institution as an individual. 5. proove that how would you be able to cope up with the curriculum and all 6. describe a project that you did . why could only you do that and nobody else 7.what are your future goals 8.what all colleges you have applied to and which one would you choose if you get selected into all of those 9.which industry do you want to go to 10. why a MBA now . after only 2 years of job 11. what majors are you intrested in such as analysis , strategy , competitor analysis . why these 12. lastly any question from my side"