Last visit was: 16 May 2024, 16:49 It is currently 16 May 2024, 16:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22245 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Social Media PM
Own Kudos [?]: 665 [1]
Given Kudos: 193
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Bad Result on Last Mock Test Before Actual Exam - Stressing out... [#permalink]
Kudos
Stress is such a hard thing to deal with when taking the test!! I feel ya buddy. It seems your exam was today? Do let us know how it went.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: Bad Result on Last Mock Test Before Actual Exam - Stressing out... [#permalink]
I unfortunately got a 660 (47Q/35V). I am quite devastated as this score doesn't even come close to reflecting the effort I put in since my first attempt or my performance on my practice tests. I really don't have the energy to reflect on what went wrong and shaking this off and continue studying. Also, I think it makes sense to cancel this score since it is my second attempt and still a pretty bad score. Please let me know what you think bb GmatKnightTutor ScottTargetTestPrep BrentGMATPrepNow GMATNinja
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4674 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
ksan wrote:
I unfortunately got a 660 (47Q/35V). I am quite devastated as this score doesn't even come close to reflecting the effort I put in since my first attempt or my performance on my practice tests. I really don't have the energy to reflect on what went wrong and shaking this off and continue studying. Also, I think it makes sense to cancel this score since it is my second attempt and still a pretty bad score. Please let me know what you think bb GmatKnightTutor ScottTargetTestPrep BrentGMATPrepNow GMATNinja

Hi ksan,

I wouldn't cancel this score if I were you. That said, a cancelled score can be reinstated, so go ahead and cancel the score if you want.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, considering that I got an IR score of 7 in both attempts without studying for the IR section and that the format of EA might be better for test anxiety, should I consider taking the EA instead? I did some research and some of my target schools accept EA. That being said, I am not an executive and will have 3 years of work experience at the time of matriculation. But I also heard multiple times during info sessions that schools don't have a preference between their accepted standardized tests. Any thought on this? bb GmatKnightTutor ScottTargetTestPrep BrentGMATPrepNow GMATNinja AjiteshArun
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73229 [0]
Given Kudos: 18979
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Did you spend too much time on the first part of the test, run out of time and had to guess at the end?

ksan wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4674 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
ksan wrote:
I did some research and some of my target schools accept EA.

Hi ksan,

Schools usually have a set of tests that they accept. But more importantly, some of these tests are only for specific programs. I've worked with very few EA students, so I'm not very sure about this, but as far as I know, the EA is almost exclusively for exec/evening/MS/part-time programs. Very few schools accept the EA for their regular full-time MBA programs.

Reach out to your target schools if you want to be absolutely sure about this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Did you spend too much time on the first part of the test, run out of time and had to guess at the end?

ksan wrote:

Yes bb - I had to randomly guess the last 2 questions for both Quant and Verbal.

For Quant, I had a solid start and my ESR shows that I had 71% accuracy in the first portion and 100% in the second. However, I remember that I got really stressed out in the second half of the section as the questions got harder and I didn't have much time left. My accuracy fell to just 29% in the third portion and 43% in the last... My average response time was 00:46 for the last portion

For Verbal, my accuracy for the 4 quarters of the section was 88%, 57%, 86%, 38% in order. Not entirely sure what went wrong with Verbal but I do remember that I also got really stressed out towards the end of the section and rushed to complete in time.

Also, what do you think about my note above regarding giving EA a try?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73229 [0]
Given Kudos: 18979
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bad Result on Last Mock Test Before Actual Exam - Stressing out... [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Your problem seems to be timing and pacing yourself on the test. Not sure it is that much difference but may be worth a shot. Sure.

You can try EA or you can try the new GMAT Focus which will be available starting November… however, both EA and GMAT Focus will have more quant material than verbal so if you are more quant inclined, it will be a higher score.

Keep in mind that applying with EA is likely going to make you ineligible for scholarship from lower-ranked programs since they don’t benefit from EA scores.

GMAT Club Bot
Bad Result on Last Mock Test Before Actual Exam - Stressing out... [#permalink]