Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Navy
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE:Underwriter (Health Care)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Navy
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE:Underwriter (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Battlecruiser, still not Operational [#permalink]
I'm cool with meeting up and going over some stuff. Just to give you a heads up, it might turn out to be you showing me the ropes in quant. I can help as much as possible with verbal, so hopefully it turns out to be an even exchange.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
yo i am 100% down. GMAT right now is my life. I need to break 600 to have a chance at getting into the Master's of Science in Finance program @ VCU. Because it's the only school in the state that offers it. So its mad competitive for local people like me who don't have the cash to go out of state but still want to do finance. Writing you a private PM now.

Unfortunately, the PM system might be a little slow because it's still in out box and have not budged yet. However, if you shoot me over your e-mail or just gimme a holler at VWJETTY@gmail.com that would be awesome. I can meet anytime, anywhere (within reasonability) I drive a slammed Jetta VR6 so no off-roading :-D :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
if you applying for masters of science is it better to take gre instead? and i wouldnt put yourself down so much cause you did show improvement from your last test although it might not be your liking but improvement nontheless.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
VWJetty, congrats thats 120 PTS!!! Take a week off and do it again! You'll be at 670!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Take some time off Gmat and shoot back again with sound preparation.

For verbal I think revision is the key. Even if you have exhausted the material, I advice you to revise them again.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks yall. On my next attempt I hope to finally cross the 600 mark. It's been a longer journey than expected but I have the squeeze is worth the juice. I just took all of today off.

Unfortunately, for my MSF program they want to see a GMAT. I have no idea why. It's dumb but hey I don't have enough authority to make the rules around here; I just follow them.

gurpreetsingh, you're 100% right. Beginning tomorrow I'm gonna start cracking the MGMAT RC for the 2nd time. Probably gonna redo problems and whatnot.

Didn't do anything today. Went out with some friends, did a car photo shoot. Probably none of yall really want to see pics of my car anymore since its my avatar :-) but yeah, had some lunch and went out with my friends to go the Social Network about Facebook. Good movie - although it definitely wasn't the best and I thought they could have made it more intriguing but hey that's just me.

After some careful analysis I think my problem lies specifically in the reading comprehension. because that's the only reason that could have caused such a sharp decline. I got some pretty intense passages and reading comp is my rival in any CAT but I usually get some easy ones but this time I felt that I got some pretty intense questions so I want to say that it is definitely my downfall.

I will giving the GMAT a 3rd run sometime in the new 1.5-2 months once I start gaining some confidence and review of the manhattan series on reading comp although I heard there is technically no magic book out there to help with reading comp like there is for SC.

Who knows, maybe my third run will be a charm.

Math was intense I thought but I came out with a 42 which is ok for me. I usually get around 44-45 but like most folks, I expected a slight decline on the real deal. Ive never really been lucky in anything in my life so go figure.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
by the way, if anyone of yall got some pointers other than the ones on MGMAT on how to better prepare for RC, my ears are wide open.

I'm fairly well in sentence correction after doing the MGMAT SC; that book does wonders. End of story.

For CR I just ordered the CR bible but is going in it with some mixed ideas as some people love and some people hate it. I also downladed whiplash's CR guide. That real good. Colors are definitely going to help. Mad props to you. Haven't started on it yet but I will definitely break that open soon and start cracking on that.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
vwjetty wrote:
by the way, if anyone of yall got some pointers other than the ones on MGMAT on how to better prepare for RC, my ears are wide open.

I'm fairly well in sentence correction after doing the MGMAT SC; that book does wonders. End of story.

For CR I just ordered the CR bible but is going in it with some mixed ideas as some people love and some people hate it. I also downladed whiplash's CR guide. That real good. Colors are definitely going to help. Mad props to you. Haven't started on it yet but I will definitely break that open soon and start cracking on that.

Do both og's + daily reading.
check improve-verbal-using-free-resources-101626.html

If you still have some time, then you may try LSAT RC. I think for CR- both the og's are sufficient. The LSAT cr is quite different.

Do consider online course such as knewton, which offers 50 point guarantee.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
most definitely will check that out for sure.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
vwjetty wrote:
Thanks yall. On my next attempt I hope to finally cross the 600 mark. It's been a longer journey than expected but I have the squeeze is worth the juice. I just took all of today off.

Unfortunately, for my MSF program they want to see a GMAT. I have no idea why. It's dumb but hey I don't have enough authority to make the rules around here; I just follow them.

gurpreetsingh, you're 100% right. Beginning tomorrow I'm gonna start cracking the MGMAT RC for the 2nd time. Probably gonna redo problems and whatnot.

Didn't do anything today. Went out with some friends, did a car photo shoot. Probably none of yall really want to see pics of my car anymore since its my avatar :-) but yeah, had some lunch and went out with my friends to go the Social Network about Facebook. Good movie - although it definitely wasn't the best and I thought they could have made it more intriguing but hey that's just me.

After some careful analysis I think my problem lies specifically in the reading comprehension. because that's the only reason that could have caused such a sharp decline. I got some pretty intense passages and reading comp is my rival in any CAT but I usually get some easy ones but this time I felt that I got some pretty intense questions so I want to say that it is definitely my downfall.

I will giving the GMAT a 3rd run sometime in the new 1.5-2 months once I start gaining some confidence and review of the manhattan series on reading comp although I heard there is technically no magic book out there to help with reading comp like there is for SC.

Who knows, maybe my third run will be a charm.

Math was intense I thought but I came out with a 42 which is ok for me. I usually get around 44-45 but like most folks, I expected a slight decline on the real deal. Ive never really been lucky in anything in my life so go figure.

it is suspect that reading comp is the culprit... i think you need to reevaluate all the verbal sections since the score indicates a lack of understanding on all fronts (unless you like totally bombed RC....)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
yeah most def.

so I'm starting with the MGMAT reading comp guide...for the second time. I guess I'm picking up on a lot of the stuff I've missed before. Guess I will have to start implimenting some of the writing and note-taking tactics. Hopefully it will be a big boost to my RC performance - cause I need it, bad.

it's a thin book and just working the examples. after that going to use the same tactics on the OG. And then maybe try another CAT. Follow up with some review of SC & CR. Then, maybe give it another go. Probably in 1.5 months. Wish me luck fellas :-D :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Upset about the verbal score - SC, CR and RC are going to be my friend
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Good luck.

Do work on RCs. Read minimum RCs a day. While doing most of my mock tests, I felt i am doing well in RCs but ended up scoring much lesser than my expectation. Preparation is the key.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dreamy wrote:
Good luck.

Do work on RCs. Read minimum RCs a day. While doing most of my mock tests, I felt i am doing well in RCs but ended up scoring much lesser than my expectation. Preparation is the key.

thanks. will do work for sure.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry to hear about the experience Man :(
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bb wrote:
Sorry to hear about the experience Man :(

appreciate that. life throws you curve balls, just gotta deal with it.

in any event, on the bright side, i know my math is pretty decent :-D :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Not only that but you have improved 120 points!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bb wrote:
Not only that but you have improved 120 points!

true. one step at a time. thanks for the support. there will be another duel between the jetty & the gmat monster. guaranteed :-D

honestly, i didn't even think i would cross 500 a few months ago. so i guess its just motivation and determination. big thanks out to bb for helping me so much and making me part of this community.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts