GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jul 2020, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 06:56
Hi Everyone,
Namaskaar!

I am at (a bit above) early stage of my GMAT Prep. I am now practicing questions from the GMAT Club Question Bank.But I am in dilemma to chose verbal questions from which resource.

Some tasktakers say that,in the early stage, we should not practice OG questions as it will be exhausted. If so then which resource other than OG is best?

While some says that we should only practice official practice questions for verbal. I heard this from GMATNinja as well.

So can you please make my doubt clear?
GMATNinja SajjadAhmad

Thanks for reading!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Re: Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 19:10
Yeah, that's a really tough issue. We never let our private tutoring students use non-official verbal materials under any circumstances, so we're really careful about how we use the OGs, the official practice tests, and the GMATPrep Question Pack. In the early stages, we tend to assign lots of LSAT for CR and RC -- if you're interested,here's a long-winded article about using the LSAT for GMAT studies.

SC is a trickier thing. For CR and RC, there's a nearly limitless supply of LSAT questions, but there's no "non-GMAT" alternative for SC. So with our private students, we start with RC and CR, and then once we see those results stabilizing at a level that makes everybody happy enough, we add SC to the mix.

For whatever it's worth, there are also ways to be creative about stretching your verbal materials. For example, if you're using the 2020 or 2021 OGs, you could reach back and do older editions (say, 12th edition OG + 2nd edition verbal guide), and about half of the questions will be new to you. Similarly, once you've exhausted the first two mba.com tests -- and you're SURE that you won't take them again -- you could do all of the verbal questions from those question banks.

So basically: LSATs first for RC & CR if they aren't too hard for you, then transition into the GMAT OGs, and be ready to use older editions if you need to.

I hope that helps a bit!

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal: RC | CR | SC

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars: all videos by topic

SC articles & resources: How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

RC, CR, and other articles & resources: All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations: All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button; be specific about your question, and tag @GMATNinja. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.
Intern
Intern
B
Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 19:33
GMATNinja wrote:
Yeah, that's a really tough issue. We never let our private tutoring students use non-official verbal materials under any circumstances, so we're really careful about how we use the OGs, the official practice tests, and the GMATPrep Question Pack. In the early stages, we tend to assign lots of LSAT for CR and RC -- if you're interested,here's a long-winded article about using the LSAT for GMAT studies.

SC is a trickier thing. For CR and RC, there's a nearly limitless supply of LSAT questions, but there's no "non-GMAT" alternative for SC. So with our private students, we start with RC and CR, and then once we see those results stabilizing at a level that makes everybody happy enough, we add SC to the mix.

For whatever it's worth, there are also ways to be creative about stretching your verbal materials. For example, if you're using the 2020 or 2021 OGs, you could reach back and do older editions (say, 12th edition OG + 2nd edition verbal guide), and about half of the questions will be new to you. Similarly, once you've exhausted the first two mba.com tests -- and you're SURE that you won't take them again -- you could do all of the verbal questions from those question banks.

So basically: LSATs first for RC & CR if they aren't too hard for you, then transition into the GMAT OGs, and be ready to use older editions if you need to.

I hope that helps a bit!

Thanks Charles,
GMATNinja.
It helped a lot.

But few more questions popped up.
1. Will doing LSAT questions prepare me for GMAT RC and CR as do OG questions?

2.What other resources than OG will you suggest for SC practice?

3. Does the questions in OG repeat largely in editions to editions?

Thank you!
Best
Mck2023

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage   [#permalink] 14 May 2020, 19:33

Best Verbal Practice Questions in Early Stage

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics