GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Feb 2019, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET
  • Choosing the Right B-School

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

Which MBA program is right for me? How can I find the best fit? An experienced senior consultant from our partner MBA admissions consulting firm, mbaMission, will help prospective MBAs understand the differences that exist among top MBA programs.

Booth vs Kellogg Accelerated Part Time

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Booth vs Kellogg Accelerated Part Time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2016, 11:59
I was admitted to both Kellogg's accelerated evening part time program and Booth's evening part time program. These are both amazing schools, but I'm having trouble deciding which to attend. I have a marketing analytics background - my long term goal is to work in analytics/market research at a major CPG company (Wrigley, Kraft) or tech company (Google, etc). Booth's focus on analytics appeals to me and it seems like its marketing department is growing. Kellogg has always been traditionally strong in marketing, and it would be 1/2 a year shorter / ~25k less due to the accelerated option.

Does anyone have any advice on how to choose between these great programs? I've been to classes at both, and I see the benefits of both programs.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Booth vs Kellogg Accelerated Part Time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2016, 15:30
My vote is for Kellogg. They are just the gold standard in anything around CPG. If you have any interest in moving into management or brand Management in the future, Kellogg undoubtedly is the best choice. My friend at Kraft, who I went to business school with , said that they would recruit at Kellogg and if no one was there they would just go right to Nielsen. I do like the whole data driven marketing decision focus at Booth, and they do have some connections to Google., so if you are certain about tech then that might be the better way to go, but only if you're sure you want to be in an analytical role for a long time, and you're certain that you're willing to move. From what I understand, the marketing curriculum at Booth is really not nearly as robust and doesn't provide the same backdrop for the analytics piece. I think putting this in proper context is really what an MBA is all about.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.72
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2016, 12:07
Congrats on the admit! Kellogg PT AO student here, feel free to PM me any questions you may have. I know a decent number of Booth PT students as well. Also, the AO program could potentially save you more than 6 months.

Based on your goals, I'd say Kellogg is the clear winner, though I am certainly biased!

chicago12345 wrote:
I was admitted to both Kellogg's accelerated evening part time program and Booth's evening part time program. These are both amazing schools, but I'm having trouble deciding which to attend. I have a marketing analytics background - my long term goal is to work in analytics/market research at a major CPG company (Wrigley, Kraft) or tech company (Google, etc). Booth's focus on analytics appeals to me and it seems like its marketing department is growing. Kellogg has always been traditionally strong in marketing, and it would be 1/2 a year shorter / ~25k less due to the accelerated option.

Does anyone have any advice on how to choose between these great programs? I've been to classes at both, and I see the benefits of both programs.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 17:40
Go with Kellogg here, better program for Marketing and better given your recruiting needs. Toss on the money and time benefits and it seems like a no brainer to me! Congrats!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 05:40
I am admitted to Kellogg Accelerated Option and Booth PT MBA. I have 12+yrs of experience with 7+ yrs in management consulting (MBB) in operations - supply chain functional expertise. My current role is Sr consultant equivalent. I am trying to broaden my skills and post MBA either be in generalist consulting (Manager or higher) in my company or any one of MBB. Alternatively I want to be in technology companies (Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft etc) in either product management or strategy kind of roles.
I need help to decide between Kellogg and Booth. Accelerated Option at Kellogg saves me ~25k and 6months while Booth overall has a slightly better brand name and may be bit more analytical rigor. I am neither focused too much on Finance (Booth) or Marketing (Kellogg) but more focused on strategy and leadership with focus on consulting /technology management

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 11:01
Vardia wrote:
I am admitted to Kellogg Accelerated Option and Booth PT MBA. I have 12+yrs of experience with 7+ yrs in management consulting (MBB) in operations - supply chain functional expertise. My current role is Sr consultant equivalent. I am trying to broaden my skills and post MBA either be in generalist consulting (Manager or higher) in my company or any one of MBB. Alternatively I want to be in technology companies (Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft etc) in either product management or strategy kind of roles.
I need help to decide between Kellogg and Booth. Accelerated Option at Kellogg saves me ~25k and 6months while Booth overall has a slightly better brand name and may be bit more analytical rigor. I am neither focused too much on Finance (Booth) or Marketing (Kellogg) but more focused on strategy and leadership with focus on consulting /technology management

Think about who you will be trying to sell yourself to post-MBA and where they went; or which brand most resonates. Where do they recruit? Do some work on LinkedIn, this would be a good reason to send some Inmails with this question, along with starting the networking process/information gathering on how to best position yourself via MBA. Laying the groundwork for what you desire post-MBA.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 11:12
Thanks MBAPrepCoach - I did reach out to a lot of folks both on LinkedIn and in person. Post MBA, in the short term (1-2 yrs)I will be mostly at my company as I am on a L1visa and will be waiting for my green card. In my company I will try to move from expert consulting to generalist consulting role and essentially does not require MBA but it may be 10% helpful to open projects related to other functions (strategy, pricing etc) balance 90% is my performance in my current role and network.
However, once I get my green card, I aim to shift to technology company like - google/Facebook/apple in a strategy or product management related role.
Which Bschool do you think will be better suited for me given above

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 11:24
Don’t hijack someone else’s thread.

Also don’t PM me the same stuff you typed up here.

In other words, Be a good citizen.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 06:20
BB- Thanks, I am new on the forum and must say it’s not intuitive or easy to navigate so the error on my part.
Would you be kind enough to share your view on my question ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Booth vs Kellogg Accelerated Part Time   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2019, 06:20

Booth vs Kellogg Accelerated Part Time

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap