Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Break 700 barrier [#permalink]
Kudos
Focus on reviewing your mistakes during this last week. Any mistake that you do make - make sure the next morning, you review that mistake or attempt that question again to reinforce your mind.

Lastly, do not underestimate the psychological elements of the exam: https://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Tansmba,

Since you mentioned timing a couple of times on your post, I thought I'd provide some tips on timing strategy. The two minute tactic that the MGMAT employs for each quant problem is appropriate. Know that if you take longer than two minutes on a problem, you'll have to spend less time on future problems. In general, our tutors advise people not to spend more than four minutes on a problem.

As you do your final prepping, try grouping five Quant questions together and spend no more more than ten minutes on them. You can use this strategy on both practice questions and simulation exams. If you fall behind schedule, make a strategic guess or two to catch up. Make strategic guesses on questions that you aren’t confident on or that would take you much longer than two minutes to answer. That way, you buy yourself some time and you can spend more time on questions that you can confidently answer.

Hope this helps. Here's a link to a few more blog posts on timing strategies: https://gmat.economist.com/search/blog_post?keys=timing.

Jessica
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JTuquero, GMATPill and UTWrestler,
Thanks for your feedback.
I went through the wild cards provided by the MGMAT. I found them very helpful to cover the basics. I plan to go through the OG GMAT problems under timed conditions to improve my timing.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update: Completed by 2nd and last GMAT prep exam today and scored a 680 (Q47,V36). My exam is on Monday. Never seen a 700 in any of my prep exams. Still looking for that extra 20. Not sure, where i can pull it from? ! :(
2 more days to go..any advice on things to do in last few days before exam?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,
I wanted to update you on the GMAT results. I got 620 (Q 45, V31). I find this disappointing since i was scoring around 680 in last two practice exams. Not quite sure what went wrong but the Verbal section just seemed flat. No difficult questions were asked. I kept answering them and then i had the score. I was scared about IR but i scored comfortable 6 by attempting only 9 questions.
I got 2 multi-part and i think i got them right. I am a bit disappointed. I am planning to do EMBA and i heard that this score is good enough as i also have a 9 years work experience. what do you guys suggest?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
tansmba wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted to update you on the GMAT results. I got 620 (Q 45, V31). I find this disappointing since i was scoring around 680 in last two practice exams. Not quite sure what went wrong but the Verbal section just seemed flat. No difficult questions were asked. I kept answering them and then i had the score. I was scared about IR but i scored comfortable 6 by attempting only 9 questions.
I got 2 multi-part and i think i got them right. I am a bit disappointed. I am planning to do EMBA and i heard that this score is good enough as i also have a 9 years work experience. what do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Don`t you think, you had some tough questions early in verbal and answered them incorrectly?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
Its been a week and don't recollect the performance on the first 10 questions any more. It could very well be possible that i assumed the questions to be easy and rushed through and thus, got them wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Can you retake? 620 is so below your potential

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot