Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:42

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 16, 23
Interviewed on:
Oct 14, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had an interview with a second-year student. He looked at one screen for questions and typed on another. 1. Can you introduce yourself? 2. What's your goal after getting an MBA? 3. How would you assess an organization's operational strategy? 4. Share an instance when you assessed another company's operational strategy. 5. Describe a leadership challenge you've faced. 6.Which country would you like to travel during your MBA? 7. What will you bring to the Broad MBA program? 8. Any questions for me?"
5.1 years
Bangladesh
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 9, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 9, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Tell me about yourself and Why MBA? Why Broad? Short term and Long term goal? Approach in team problem solving? Tell me about a time when you have to change the way you operate because of the diversity and how you did it ? any questions for me? It lasted for about 20 minutes and was conversational."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 12, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 12, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was with Scott Smith, he knew me pretty well. I attended the sessions over summer, winter and fall, Desperate? Hell yeah! Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why Broad and Why MBA in one fusion question? 3. How do you know student X (Not naming him but he helped me a lot during the entire process and I mentioned him in my Why Broad as a special mention so got Scott curious) 4. Tell me about a time when you overcame several challenges at the same time. 5. Tell me about a time when you received a critical feedback and you implemented it 6.What do you like to do in your free time. 7. Most significant achievements. 8. He asked me the question on tell me about a time when you faced several obstacles twice as during the interview I asked him if I can share a personal one to which he said I would prefer professional. 9. About a time when I have used my experience of management in a team. 10. Questions for him. (In total by far I have asked him 17 questions so he knew I am out of those but he was impressed that I still had two more in my bag) Interview was superfast, started at 10:45 and ended at 11:11 I just wanna say that I screwed it up again. I wish I could do things better."
BusinessConquerer
3.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 24, 19
Interviewed on:
Apr 15, 19
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Why Michigan St? That was pretty much it as far as typical MBA interview questions go. The rest centered on my military career and questions on how I will adjust to the civilian side."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 22, 19
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was with Scott Smith. Conversational And Friendly. -Tell me about yourself -Tell me something you need to improve in your communication -Concentration and sub concentration -Why Broad -Other schools? Why those? -Post MBA plans -A type of person you like to work with -Company you want to desperately get into? what kind of role? -Your leadership style -Questions for adcom 20 mins + 5 mins for my questions"
3.8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 21, 19
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 19
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hi everyone, I just finished my interview today. It lasted around 20 minutes. I answered 4-5 questions - why now, - leadership style, - how to approach a teamwork project if you are just team member, - professional strength within 10-12 minutes and had Q&A around 5-7 minutes. I'm not sure if I messed up with my interview or not :( because it's such a short time."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 29, 19
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Jan 28, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Very casual conversational interview on campus with adcom. Between follow-up questions and back-and-forth, the interview felt unstructured though there were definitely points and questions that were planned out. Adcom was very familiar with my application including background and essay. Due to conversational nature of interview, I won't have remembered every question asked, but general outline is below: -Intro to how interview would work -Observation/discussion of some points of interest on my resume -Goals/Why MBA -Intended concentration/subconcentration/areas of focus -Discussion of some key faculty in said concentration -Target companies and why I'm interested in those -Why Broad -Something I can improve about how I communicate -Example of someone I work well with and why -How I will frame my background and experience to potential hiring companies to justify capabilities for career switch -Other schools applied to, what aspects they share with Broad -Specific question about resume -Questions for Adcom In total about 40 minutes. Adcom indicated they'd be issuing a decision within a few weeks."
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 28, 19
Interviewed on:
Jan 2, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I did my interview at an on-campus event in December with a student. Pretty straightforward intro questions - goals, why MSU, what concentration in the Broad program interests you. We were crunched for time so I only had 2 other questions to leave room for my questions: - Tell me about a time you had to work extra/long hours and what was the outcome? (something along those lines; can't remember exactly) - What company do you like and tell me 3 reasons you admire the company? I think there's some other pretty good interview reports elsewhere on GMAT Club."
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 5, 19
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"It was a skype interview with Scott Smith (Admission Direc.) for around 30 mins. Scott makes the conversation casual and makes you feel comfortable. These were the following questions: 1. Courses selected on the application. 2. Tell me about yourself. 3. Why Broad? 4. What is your post-MBA goal? 5. What do you think you need to improve in your communication? 6.What company you would want to get into and why? 7. When did you work extra hours at your workplace and why? 8. Whom you admire for leadership skill at your workplace and why? 9. Any recent news from your field of work? 10. Any questions to ask from him. Suggestion: Be confident with your stories. Research well on the school. Specify the people with whom you got connected. Keep your answers within 2 mins Have your answers in STAR format. Be true/sincere to your stories. Smile and Breathe. All the Best Regards Shoum"
5 years
India
Debrief posted on  Dec 14, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 20, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was over Skype as well. Scott took the interview. The overall tone was quite relaxed, so don't be too nervous about it and Scott is kind. - Asked about the concentration of interest and sub-concentration, all information can be found on the official site, so better be prepared. - Then standard MBA questions were asked such as * Why MBA * what company do you wish to join after finishing the program * What kind of colleague do you want to work with * tell him about a stuff that he may never hear about * Which part of your communication skills do you want to improve in the future * How do you handle a job that you are not interested in but you have to do, give him an example about this * Are you applying for another program"
4 years
China
Debrief posted on  Dec 12, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 22, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted
"For application: Be very specific and realistic with your post-MBA goals. For Video Essay: Be relaxed and confident and practice speaking answers before attempting the video essay. For Interview: Know very well what you've written in your application. Be ready with the STAR format stories representing your Leadership skills, Conflict Management Skills, Teamwork skills, and Innovative mindset. Research very well about the school and highlight the parts of the curriculum that would be beneficial for you and your future career. Overall, the interview was relaxed and mostly work experience related questions were asked."
India
Debrief posted on  Nov 22, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 18
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"My interview was over Skype. Scott took the interview. - In the beginning, he asked about my concentration of interest and sub-concentration. - Then standard MBA questions were asked such as * Why MBA, * companies * proud moment * describe roles Hope that helps."
India