GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 Apr 2018, 10:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Business administration in undergraduation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Business administration in undergraduation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 07:04
Hey guys im an Engineer from Mumbai University, India. Im planning to apply for MiM courses offered at German Universities. ( Whu, Mannheim, HHL etc)
But they have this criteria of having done with some sort of Business Administration (or Finance subjects for MiF) in my undergraduate studies. Being an engineer, i didnt come across any such subjects back then.
So can you help me with suggestions regarding what can be done in this regard, like where do i try gaining the required ECTS in Business Admin or Finance to be eligible for such universities.
Also i need to apply for 2018 intake. Kindly help
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Re: Business administration in undergraduation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 23:02
Bhave07 wrote:
Hey guys im an Engineer from Mumbai University, India. Im planning to apply for MiM courses offered at German Universities. ( Whu, Mannheim, HHL etc)
But they have this criteria of having done with some sort of Business Administration (or Finance subjects for MiF) in my undergraduate studies. Being an engineer, i didnt come across any such subjects back then.
So can you help me with suggestions regarding what can be done in this regard, like where do i try gaining the required ECTS in Business Admin or Finance to be eligible for such universities.
Also i need to apply for 2018 intake. Kindly help

You can take some extra courses at some community college and submit an alternate transcript.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 03:49
Hey Bhave07,

Most of the German Universities do have the criteria of completing 30-40 ECTS in Business Administration. Since Engineers don’t have business related courses in their UG degree, they cannot meet this criterion, making them ineligible for the program.

You can instead target schools which don’t have this criterion, such as TUM (Technical University of Munich), EBS, or ESMT (European School of Management and Technology).

Some schools also organize a Pre-Masters program for students to make up for the lack of Business Administration Credits, and get acquainted with the basics of business fundamentals.

You can check out this link to know more about pursuing the MiM from Germany: http://www.mim-essay.com/review/masters-in-management-in-germany/

If you are aiming for the September 2018 intake, then it is best to target Round 2 (January Deadlines) as the later rounds are more competitive.

France is also a good place for you to pursue your masters because of its lenient immigration policies, and the quality of the schools that offer the MiM such as HEC, ESSEC, ESCP.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 17:39
Just a note: Rotterdam School of Management has a Master in Management aimed specifically at NON-Business majors. They admit law students, engineering students, etcetera.
However, this is a pretty competitive program - you may want to strive for a strong GMAT!

Link: https://www.rsm.nl/master/msc-programme ... /overview/

Good luck!

Applications:
WHU Otto Beisheim (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($$)
ESADE: MSc in Management (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($)
ESADE: MSc in Global Strategic Management (Fall 2018) - Matriculating ($)

GMAT: 26-4-2017: 710 (91) - Q45 V42
PREP CAT's:
GMAT PREP 1 - April 6, day 1 of studying - 680, Q48 V35
MGMAT Free CAT - April 14, day 8 of studying - 640, Q43 V34
GMAT PREP 2 - April 18, day 12 of studying - 700, Q45 V41
GMAT PREP 3 - April 25, day 19 of studying - 710, Q47 V41

Re: Business administration in undergraduation   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2018, 17:39

Business administration in undergraduation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap